Can I download GPX files to a Go 135?

Dodge62
Dodge62 Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
I need to download a route to my Go 135. The help pages say:
1. Connect your GO to your computer using MyDrive Connect.
2. In MyDrive, select My Routes.
I don't see "My Routes" anywhere in MyDrive Connect (Windows 10).

Looking elsewhere I see something about maps and gpx files requiring different file systems. Does this mean it's only possible to download GPX files onto a device that has an SD card? (the Go 135 doesn't).

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Dodge62

You list your unit as a GO 135. Are you sure it is not a Via 135 as according to the manual that does not have a My Routes folder and so you cannot save routes to the unit.

Doug

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,828
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Dodge62
    The Via 135 is a NAV3 device and is not compatible with the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    The NAV3 devices have a very basic Itinerary planning system....
    All the planning is done on the small screen on the device....
    The Itinerary Route can only have a Start --> Four Stops and one of those stops being the End Stop (Destination)
    Also, the route cannot be saved for later use....

Stay Safe ATB YFM

Answers

• Dodge62
    New Seeker
    Some slight progress - if I go to the mydrive web page rather than the MyDrive Connect Windows App, I find "My Routes" and I can import a GPX files OK. If I turn on "Sync this route as a track with my devices" it says:

"Your route will be available as a track in My Routes on your TomTom device. Log in on your device using your TomTom account." That then claims to have a link to "Show compatible Devices", but the link is broken: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19639 and just sends you back to the main "Support" page.

No sign of either My Routes or a login option anywhere on the SatNav itself.
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    edited September 2021
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Dodge62

You list your unit as a GO 135. Are you sure it is not a Via 135 as according to the manual that does not have a My Routes folder and so you cannot save routes to the unit.

Doug

• Dodge62
    New Seeker
    Ah, you're right, it's a Via 135. OK, so looks like I'm SOOL. Recycling bin for this device then.
  • Dodge62
    New Seeker
    nabu wrote: »
    https://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/refman/TomTom-EU-non-LIVE-RG-fr-fr.pdf

Uh, thanks. A link to the French version of the product manual. I changed it to the English version by replacing fr-fr with en-gb but it didn't in any way help answer the question that I can see.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,828
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Dodge62
    The Via 135 is a NAV3 device and is not compatible with the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    The NAV3 devices have a very basic Itinerary planning system....
    All the planning is done on the small screen on the device....
    The Itinerary Route can only have a Start --> Four Stops and one of those stops being the End Stop (Destination)
    Also, the route cannot be saved for later use....

Stay Safe ATB YFM
  • Dodge62
    New Seeker
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Dodge62
    Thanks. I wish the TomTom website and MyDrive app/planer made this clearer, so I didn't have to waste half my morning trying to get it to work.

I've now installled TomTom Go on my iPhone, which seems a much better solution than an old clunky dedicated unit, and a bargain at £1.99 a month. A year of that and it will still be cheaper than installing the French maps I need on the Via 135.