Missing UK Post Code!

John-Jay
John-Jay Registered Users Posts: 746
Revered Pioneer
edited September 2021 in Map quality
Neither my Device, nor MyDrive wants to recognise SG4 7QR - although every alternative (non TomTom) Maps, that I've tried, have NO problems in finding it!

Why is it missing from TomTom?

Edit to add:-

Strangely, if I go into MyDrive & zoom to the Location where SG4 7QR is, when I click on the Map it DOES report SG4 7QR! Just simply won't let you search for it!!
4bdkov8qrs7f.png

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,418
    Exalted Pioneer
    same on device?
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    same on device?

No, on the Device, when you click on the actual Location, it just states "Unnamed Road Hitchin, SG4 7, GBR"!
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,833
     Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi
    @John-Jay
    OK, here on the GO Premium using Map v1075....
    On a Tomtom device, you do not need a space in the middle of the postcode....

GO Premium....
    de1qktx100oc.jpg

MyDrive Web Route planner....
    fr1kzg4clh8h.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • John-Jay
    Revered Pioneer
    Hi, @YamFazMan ,

If you look carefully, both of those are truncating the Post Code to "SG4"!

In fact, both of those locations are slightly different to each other!

I would add that I've tried a few Tests on my GO Discovery & it tends to be more accurate if I include the Space (often truncating the Post Code down to its first part only, if you omit the Space)!!
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,833
     Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi
    If the Postcode is a SINGLE building, then it is a location....
    Most if not all other Postcode are an area... Some Maps use the actual centre of the Postcode, some Maps use a road + an house number....

My Postcode is a single road of 40 houses, Tomtom Map v1075 puts the marker for my Postcode at around mid-point along the road....
    A couple of Map updates ago Tomtom used house number 20 but in my road the house numbers run sequentially up one side of the road then down the other side this put the marker for my Postcode at the end of the road....

SG4 7QR... Appears to be a small Hamlet of 8 houses....
    b9cr7syz4yrh.jpg
    8mhtzywpywun.jpg
    Stay Safe ...ATB YFM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    HI Everyone

@John-Jay , it seems that they finally have added your postal code, see image - Source Windows Maps, Imagery courtesy of the Ordinance survey.
    4o6sqjimgpef.png
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Ah dang, it seems TomTom Maps still not show the postal code, sorry :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited January 18
    John-Jay wrote: »
    Hi, @YamFazMan ,

If you look carefully, both of those are truncating the Post Code to "SG4"!

In fact, both of those locations are slightly different to each other!

I would add that I've tried a few Tests on my GO Discovery & it tends to be more accurate if I include the Space (often truncating the Post Code down to its first part only, if you omit the Space)!!

Hi John Jay,

The last time I checked to get them to put full postal codes they rejected it due to some country regulations or some standard to just include the first 3 letters. I believe if TomTom won't' fix it, you should check with the Ordnance Survey to contact TomTom to fix the issue.

Thank you