Android Auto compatibility

delisol
delisol Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
TomTom Go is now allegedly compatible with Android Auto. I use AA on my phone, but TomTom Go does not show up in its list of apps. TTG has been successfully installed and works fine as an independent app. Is there a fix for this? Thanks for any info.
Tagged:

Comments

• rabero1985
    rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 192
    Exalted Navigator
    edited September 2021
    Go to Android auto app at your phone. Tap on settings and then customize launcher.. Be sure that you tomtom go is selected in the menu. If not it don't show up in your car.
  • delisol
    New Seeker
    Thanks for your answer. I tried that already. There are several apps shown in the Customize Launcher pane that do not show up in AA. I even repositioned TTG in the Customize Launcher pane so it would appear first. Unfortunately, no impact.
  • delisol
    New Seeker
    PS. I noted @rabero1985 is using the latest TT beta. I installed a 30-day trial version, 3.2.12. Could this be the problem?
  • rabero1985
    rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 192
    Exalted Navigator
    I'm using 3.2.25 but this would make no difference. Normally you have full compatibility/features in trial period.. So I think there must be something else wrong with your phone setup... Maybe @szachowa or @lampard have some ideas...
  • delisol
    New Seeker
    I tried the links you sent but got no joy.

I might have an answer. I actually have AA installed in both my car and my phone. But I stopped using the car AA because Google Maps displayed very poorly on the car screen; Google Maps displays much better on the phone, through AA. Thinking that maybe the problem is with the phone-based AA, I plugged the phone into the car and called up AA on my car screen. On my car screen, TTG was available and displayed much better than Google Maps--the big black useless box in Google Maps is gone. TTG is almost as functional as Google Maps, and is capable of voice navigation commands.

I understand Android 12 will do away with phone-based AA (but will continue car AA) and replace it with some other shell. It's probably not worth it for AA developers to make way for these other navigation apps on the phone-based app at this point.

Of course, it may be something else but this seems logical to me. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.