Update problems and MAC address

Ian_Trucker
Ian_Trucker Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
Hi,
I have a GO Expert and I'm having trouble updating it through the MyDrive Connect app. I also need the MAC adress to connect to a shared internet that is controlled by MAC, but cannot get to the device status screen to get it. I contacted support and they sent me 2 ways to get to the status screen, but neither worked.

When I connect to the MyDrive app the device shows up and when i navigate to the updates it shows they're available but it will not update. I've tried leaving it for a while but nothing happens. I have had to use my phone connection to update it, but doing 18GB updates over 4G is not an ideal solution.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Ian

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Ian_Trucker
    On the GO Expert and GO Discover you have to update the device when it's connected to a WiFi ® internet.
    The update options are greyed out if you have the device connected to the computer.

Thanks,
    Vikram

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Ian_Trucker
    On the GO Expert and GO Discover you have to update the device when it's connected to a WiFi ® internet.
    The update options are greyed out if you have the device connected to the computer.

Thanks,
    Vikram