Rider 550 car kit .....NEW MODEL CABLE !?

moonsongd34
moonsongd34 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited September 2021 in RIDER
Hi Fks please help.

I have Rider 550 with NEWER CABLE wired into my bike battery , and working. Great.

BUT I want to get a car kit , ideally with a windscreen suction cup , and a USB at the end of the NEW design CABLE. No luck.

My head hurts . Pleeeeze help. !!
Thank you !!!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,797
    Superuser
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    HI
    @moonsongd34
    Welcome to the site....
    The Mount you describe does >> NOT << exist....

(1)... There is the Motorcycle Mount with the round push & twist plug connectors with the 12v to 5v power adapter built into the main body of the mount....

(2)... There is the Car Mount with a Micro USB socket + USB lead + 12v to 5v Power adapter that fits into a standard Car power socket....
    Both mounts work as they are... You Cannot mix and match parts from the two mounts....

Are you trying to create some form of hybrid mount ???
    If yes... Can you describe what you are tying to achieve ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • moonsongd34
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Hi YamFaz ....thank you !!

answer ......OK I have got it explained perfectly now .....so am I correct in saying that the CAR MOUNT ,as a separate issue , has the micro USB that powers it ? Ahhh..

Re. The Hyprid lol ..I was wondering if you could get a cable that has USB on one end ,and a 'push and twist ' Motorbike end. know ,I'm weird , clearly.

Ok ..here's a final question ..I would like a WINDSCREEN SUCKER on the car mount I will have to get ..is that possible ? I don't really want to glue to my dashboard permanently ...

Many thanks ,YamFaz. Great bike. :)
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    Hi
    The Rider 4xx & 5xx Mount can be mounted on the windscreen or dashboard....
    You place the sucker that’s in the base of the Mount against the windscreen the twist the outer locking ring clockwise until it hits the stop, this creates a vacuum in the suction cup to hold the mount to the windscreen....
    Tip... When removing the Mount, twist the locking ring anticlockwise to unlock the Mount, then lift one of the little ears on the Suction cup to release the vacuum/suction....

You twist the mount 180 degrees around the ball joint to use it as a Dashboard Mount or Screen Mount...

Like the GO Premium Mount shown below....
    Mount set for Dashboard use...

33l7lu3pdcur.png
    The Mount twisted around the ball joint 180 Degrees... For Windscreen use...

iffierccnjlp.png
    The ball joint is tight, it has to stand the weight of the 6" Units without getting 'PND' (Persistent Navigation Droop) :o

ATB YFM

Answers

• moonsongd34
    Apprentice Seeker
    Sorry ..I should add that the NEWER cable end is round / push and lock , NOT THE MICRO USB you seem to get with the car kits I've seen ...
  • CONRARD
    CONRARD Registered Users Posts: 5
    New Seeker
    edited September 2021
    I have a tomtom rider 550 motorcycle gps. I want to go to belgium and I am told "no route possible". What should I do?

Mod edit: Machine translated (French)
  • moonsongd34
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Conrad3v28410g41lm.jpg
    ..thank you !!!!!
    BUT ....this kit comes with the OLDER micro USB NOT the newer round one that I need ..
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    HI
    @moonsongd34
    Welcome to the site....
    The Mount you describe does >> NOT << exist....

(1)... There is the Motorcycle Mount with the round push & twist plug connectors with the 12v to 5v power adapter built into the main body of the mount....

(2)... There is the Car Mount with a Micro USB socket + USB lead + 12v to 5v Power adapter that fits into a standard Car power socket....
    Both mounts work as they are... You Cannot mix and match parts from the two mounts....

Are you trying to create some form of hybrid mount ???
    If yes... Can you describe what you are tying to achieve ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • moonsongd34
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Hi YamFaz ....thank you !!

answer ......OK I have got it explained perfectly now .....so am I correct in saying that the CAR MOUNT ,as a separate issue , has the micro USB that powers it ? Ahhh..

Re. The Hyprid lol ..I was wondering if you could get a cable that has USB on one end ,and a 'push and twist ' Motorbike end. know ,I'm weird , clearly.

Ok ..here's a final question ..I would like a WINDSCREEN SUCKER on the car mount I will have to get ..is that possible ? I don't really want to glue to my dashboard permanently ...

Many thanks ,YamFaz. Great bike. :)
  • ApriliaMart
    ApriliaMart Registered Users Posts: 9
    Master Traveler
    Only use the rider sat nav in your car. That way it should not leak and mist up with condensation due to water ingress.
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    Hi
    The Rider 4xx & 5xx Mount can be mounted on the windscreen or dashboard....
    You place the sucker that’s in the base of the Mount against the windscreen the twist the outer locking ring clockwise until it hits the stop, this creates a vacuum in the suction cup to hold the mount to the windscreen....
    Tip... When removing the Mount, twist the locking ring anticlockwise to unlock the Mount, then lift one of the little ears on the Suction cup to release the vacuum/suction....

You twist the mount 180 degrees around the ball joint to use it as a Dashboard Mount or Screen Mount...

Like the GO Premium Mount shown below....
    Mount set for Dashboard use...

33l7lu3pdcur.png
    The Mount twisted around the ball joint 180 Degrees... For Windscreen use...

iffierccnjlp.png
    The ball joint is tight, it has to stand the weight of the 6" Units without getting 'PND' (Persistent Navigation Droop) :o

ATB YFM