How to add a route to My Routes?

JamesScreech
JamesScreech Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
How do I save a route to My Routes?
The default route to my work would take me through badly congested areas so I want to save one of the alternative routes to My Routes, how do I do this? I cannot see anyway to save a route to My Routes.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,870
    Superuser
    Hi @JamesScreech

Create the route you want to save. Then when the route is displayed or when you are following the route do a quick Tap on the Route. A menu appears saying Route to !!! and if you Tap the 3 vertical dots on the menu then Tap Manage Route you can save the Route to My Routes.

Doug
  • JamesScreech
    JamesScreech Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @JamesScreech

Create the route you want to save. Then when the route is displayed or when you are following the route do a quick Tap on the Route. A menu appears saying Route to !!! and if you Tap the 3 vertical dots on the menu then Tap Manage Route you can save the Route to My Routes.

Doug

This doesn't work, although it can add a route to My Routes it saves the original route not the alternative I selected.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,870
    Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi @JamesScreech

How right you are. Because the Route you save was produced in the App it is an .itn fille not a .gpx file. As a result what is happening is the App is calculating the fastest route to the Destination and so reverts to the Quickest.

So when you select the alternative route if you Press the screen along the route and create a stop then save it as part of the route you can, if the stop or stops are well placed, you to save it and it should go that way when you select the route.

Alternatively you could save the Alternative route in MyDrive and sync it to your App then it will be fixed.

Be aware that .itn routes will still offer Faster Route data based on the current Traffic situation the .gpx files are fixed routes and will not be offered a faster route whatever the current Traffic situation.

Doug