J have just added the Western Europe map to my Carminat SIM. No warnings during download so hope OK.

sislambert
sislambert Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited September 2021 in Built in car navigation
When fitted to car (in UK) to check it Icannot see locations outside UK. Is the map actually on the SIM? Do I have to wait until I land in Europe to see if it works?
Secondly, can I make a backup copy of the maps I bought on to a second SIM.

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    edited September 2021
    second SIM card.
    sim cards are made for traffic and other things not for putting cards

8/16 gb mini sd are for putting cards [/ b]
  • Troubadix12
    Troubadix12 Registered Users Posts: 2,022
    Revered Voyager
    @sislambert ,

maybe both Maps (UK and WesternEurope) actually present on your SD-Card (not SIM). Than you have to choose via the Menu the Map you want to use, because it doesn't change automatically.

Secondly...
    A Backup is highly recommended. First make a full manually Backup of the content of the current SD-Card on your PC/Mac. Therefore on PC stop TomTomHome, start the Explorer and change the View-Options for the Explorer to show all files ans folders (even system and hidden too). Then copy all files and folders to a folder of your own choice (new one is recommended) on the PC. After this copy the content of the folder on the PC to a new FAT32-formatted SD-Card.

I guess, you have both Maps (UK and Western Europe) on your SD-Card. If your UK-Map is the original and isn't updated in the past, then it don't work with the new SD-Card. The WesternEurope should work.

Regards

Troubadix12