Hi, I just tried my Rider 550 for the first time and it is not displaying speed cameras

MKD
MKD Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
My recently purchased Rider 550 is not displaying speed cameras any ideas how to rectify this?

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi
    @MKD
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the COVID-19, Social Distancing and people working from home, have delayed the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account's/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • MKD
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks YamFazMan
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Hi @MKD
    Welcome to the community!
    Have you updated the latest speed camera updates?
    If already done, then I would recommend that you do a soft reset and test the device on a planned route.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • MKD
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vikram, I can certainly see camera locations now, I will check it out on the next ride out.
    Many thanks
  • MKD
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vikram, interesting results. I followed your instructions and got the speed cameras OK. I arrived at two separate road closures that were not showing and that is when I realised I was not getting any traffic updates.
    Looked up what to do and followed the do a full reset guidance.
    It then asked for camera and community updates, did that.
    I now have traffic but the cameras have disappeared again.
    As you said I then did another soft reset, drum roll.... but no speed cameras!
    Did another full reset this time it did not ask for any updates, interesting so I checked anyway and it there was a community update but no camera update.
    I checked and the speed cameras are still activated on the system.
    What do you think?
  • MKD
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vikram, interesting results. I followed your instructions and got the speed cameras OK. I arrived at two separate road closures that were not showing and that is when I realised I was not getting any traffic updates.
    Looked up what to do and followed the do a full reset guidance.
    It then asked for camera and community updates, did that.
    I now have traffic but the cameras have disappeared again.
    As you said I then did another soft reset, drum roll.... but no speed cameras!
    Did another full reset this time it did not ask for any updates, interesting so I checked anyway and it there was a community update but no camera update.
    I checked and the speed cameras are still activated on the system.
    What do you think?
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @MKD
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1765701/#Comment_1765701

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • MKD
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi YamFazMan
    Went through the settings, even did another soft reset, checked voices and camera and warning settings they were all as the guidance and still no speed cams showing. As I said I had cameras showing on the first soft reset so I don't know why they disappeared.

I have a similar unit for the car, a TomTom Go 6200, set it and have never had a problem, I do regular updates all works great so I am not sure why this Rider unit is being so problematical.

Regards Mark

• YamFazMan
     Superuser
    HI
    @MKD
    Best wait until Monday @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Answer ✓
    Hi @MKD
    The service on your account look okay. I would suggest that you remove the existing database of speed cameras and then do a fresh installation.

1. Remove speed cameras using the Remove Content tab in MyDrive Connect. (Procedure explained here- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1137413/an-interface-upgrade-in-mydrive-connect-we-have-added-a-remove-content-button)
    2. Perform a soft reset -

4. Reinstall speed cameras and follow up with another soft reset.
    5. Test the device on a planned route.

- Vikram

• MKD
    Apprentice Seeker
    Cameras and traffic updates, result!
    Thanks