No maps found space to small to reinstall

daved111
daved111 Registered Users Posts: 20
Master Explorer
Hi trying to get maps back on to device start 20 serial number AY with 8gb, got the full Europe map so not enough space to reinstall, could someone allocate me a small map as a keeper on my internal drive please.

Thanks regards Dave

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,826
    Superuser
    Hi
    @daved111
    The Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory....
    But the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now approaching 9GB
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators can allocate a small local Map to the Account on Monday to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Tomtom FAQ... No maps available (MyDrive Connect)
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900620-No-maps-available-MyDrive-Connect-

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,802
    Hi @daved111
    Welcome to the community! A different version of Europe maps has been activated on your account. This new version will allow you to download smaller sections or individual countries using MyDrive Connect.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • daved111
    Master Explorer
    Hi thanks YFM and VikramK, managed to get a map on sd card, can't get a map to go on internal drive, so long winded starting up device, no voices etc, even these won't download . I go through the install as per tom tom site tutorial it downloads to computer, option SD card or device I click on device installs to 1% then a message (something has gone wrong). Oh when I connect the device to MDC some times in the content page device drive will say 3.8gb free unplug it plug it back in it will say 8358gb free.
    Regards Dave

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,826
    Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi
    @daved111
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the device's Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade, large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • daved111
    Master Explorer
    Hi YFM, Thanks for your reply, Yes I've done the above, a few minutes ago the device went into restore mode wheel cogs going round etc it now comes up unknown navcore version, I will now look this up
    Regards Dave