Family plan sharing with Android member

tnbngrs
tnbngrs Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
Recently purchased the family plan. Works fine on my iphone. Now want to have the app also used by another family member with a Galaxy A52. How do I do that specifically?

Mod edit: Machine translated from Dutch!

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Hi @tnbngrs

Welcome to the Community! Have a look at the below response here:
    grantstew wrote: »
    The recurring subscriptions on the GO App are dealt with by the platform stores, so if you have a subscription on iOS or Android, they are non-transferrable. You can move your subscription to a different phone, but not to a different platform.

You can always share the family plan with other iOS devices by setting up a family sharing.

Best, lampard
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    On the other hand, this answer indicates that it is still possible to buy a subscription independent from a specific store.

Can one therefore conclude that it is possible to have a subscription for both Android as iOS and thus one doesn't need to pay twice? Some confirmation about this option would be nice.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
    Community Manager
    eddydc wrote: »
    On the other hand, this answer indicates that it is still possible to buy a subscription independent from a specific store.

Can one therefore conclude that it is possible to have a subscription for both Android as iOS and thus one doesn't need to pay twice? Some confirmation about this option would be nice.

If you use that link to purchase the subscription on tomtom.com it is indeed linked to a TomTom account and should therefore work on iOS, Android or Huawei.
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    Jürgen wrote: »
    eddydc wrote: »

If you use that link to purchase the subscription on tomtom.com it is indeed linked to a TomTom account and should therefore work on iOS, Android or Huawei.

Thank you for the clarification.
  • Dondowthwaite
    Dondowthwaite Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited September 2021
    Sharing tomtom go
    I want to share this app with my son. the problem is you can only have one family share on your iOS phone. He already sharing with his own family I'm not included. Does this mean I have wasted my money?