Why doesn't tom tom have a phone number for customer support, like Garmin?

Theroz
Theroz Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
Why no customer support phone phone number like Garmin has?

Best Answer

• Theroz
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Already have bought a Garmin, and I am perfectly happy with it. Was going to upgrade my present tomtom with a newer version of tomtom, but this latest episode soured me, and went with a Garmin.

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    No more phone number at TomTom I think it's final
  • Theroz
    New Seeker
    Well since Tom Tom will not have a phone number it is time to purchase a Garmin!!
  • Nigelmac
    Nigelmac Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Well, seems like a bad customer relations thing to me.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi
    @Haliema
    Theroz wrote: »
    Well since Tomtom will not have a phone number, it is time to purchase a Garmin!!
    Mmm... I'd rather use Chat for Tomtom Support... Than Navigate with a Ga*m*n....

ATB YFM
  • Theroz
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Already have bought a Garmin, and I am perfectly happy with it. Was going to upgrade my present tomtom with a newer version of tomtom, but this latest episode soured me, and went with a Garmin.
  • halo572
    halo572 Registered Users Posts: 20
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    edited September 2021
    Go to Trustpilot and see what Tom Tom thinks of customer service.

90% - (900) of people can't be wrong. For years.

They don't want to deal with pesky customers with broken out of the box products, just give us your money and go away.

Once I get my refund processed for my broken Tom Tom I will check out Garmin and buy that.

What I don't get is why these 'superusers' defend them to the death.

Do they get paid? Do they get free products? Are they so loyal that they can't see what a horrendous company Tom Tom are and simply out for profit at the expense of the mug customer?

My customer experience with Tom Tom in the past 2 months is the worst of any large company I have dealt with in my lifetime.

I will be glad to be done dealing with them for good.

Congratulations! You've been promoted to Outstanding Wayfarer.

Does that mean I get my Tom Tom fixed?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    edited September 2021
    @halo572
    halo572 wrote: »
    (Snip) What I don't get is why these 'superusers' defend them to the death.
    Do they get paid? Do they get free products? (Snip)
    Oi,
    >> NO << I do not get paid or get freebies, this is a user forum where we use our experiences owning/using Tomtom device/s to try to help other users like yourself....

I rarely have a problem with Live Traffic... But in the past I have had a glitch with the GPRS SIM in a couple of my devices, both of the glitches were fixed quickly at no cost, one of them almost by return of post....

Live Traffic on my GO Premium and other devices... All good

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • randomgreg
    randomgreg Registered Users Posts: 9
    Apprentice Seeker
    Not taking any sides, but to preserve the truth - Garmin’s TrustPilot ratings are not that much better with 72% bad and only 17% excellent ratings as of now vs TomTom’s 88% to 4%.