Traffic & speed cameras expired

tommygunn
tommygunn Registered Users Posts: 4
Master Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi, I recently bought a GO PROFESSIONAL 6250 with lifetime updates and traffic via SIM. It says it has expired and I can no longer see the traffic/speed camera updates. It's pretty annoying, that's one reason I bought it over competitor's product. I've seen other people had the same issue. I sent a support email a few days ago but no reply. Can somebody help? Thanks

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Answer ✓
    Hi All

Sorry about the late response...

@tommygunn

The services for your TomTom have been fixed, please do a soft reset and check again.

@GLORIES

The speed cameras services on your RIDER look okay.. Have you tried a soft reset / Factory reset already?

@BinB

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• GLORIES
    GLORIES Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    edited September 2021
    Hello
    I have the same problem since the last update with a Rider 550 the speed cameras are no longer displayed ???
    Looks like the latest update removed the Danger Zone alerts, yet I paid for my GPS with Lifetime Danger Zone updates included. To my knowledge, no law since May 2021 prohibits danger zones, especially since radar zones are for sale on the Tomtom site
    If anyone had an answer for this problem.
    Thank you

Mod edit: Machine translated (French)
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,828
     Superuser
    edited September 2021
    HI
    @GLORIES
    Welcome to the site....
    Google Translate....
    GLORIES wrote: »
    Hello
    I have the same problem since the last update with a Rider 550 the speed cameras are no longer displayed ???
    Looks like the latest update removed the Danger Zone alerts, yet I paid for my GPS with Lifetime Danger Zone updates included. To my knowledge, no law since May 2021 prohibits danger zones, especially since radar zones are for sale on the Tomtom site
    If anyone had an answer for this problem.
    Thank you
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Today/Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @tommygunn

@VikramK or @lampard should also pick up yours tomorrow. Look back then to see what they say.

Doug
  • BinB
    BinB Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Why has my Tom-tom Go 520 with lifetime updates stopped showing the speed camera’s, looks like the latest update removed just some of the camera’s, it’s very annoying, that's one reason I bought this Tom-tom, I've seen other people had the same issue. I Can somebody help?

P S I logged on to a SCAM WEBSITE and he tolled me he could fix my problem only when he asked for my Bank Details did I twig and tolled him to F*** O** and he slammed the phone down!!

Be Warned Every One
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,828
     Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi
    @BinB
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status....

Glad you realized it was a scam and didn't actually get scammed....
    The Scam websites are visually very professional and are remarkably convincing....
    The Phone call or Chat line is where you get first get suckered in... then the Support Service person (Scammer) rings you to completes the Scam....

See my Signature for more info....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • BinB
    BinB Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    The Scammers phone number was 020 3950 9042 so check the number out.
    thanks for the reply ATB YFM
    Baz
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Answer ✓
    Hi All

Sorry about the late response...

@tommygunn

The services for your TomTom have been fixed, please do a soft reset and check again.

@GLORIES

The speed cameras services on your RIDER look okay.. Have you tried a soft reset / Factory reset already?

@BinB

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram

• tommygunn
    tommygunn Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    @VikramK I've just checked and everything is reactivated. Thank you so much for your help, it is super appreciated.