Road closure report - accepted, but not showing on map

Sour_Lem0n
Sour_Lem0n Registered Users Posts: 17
Master Explorer
Hi There,

there is a road closure near where I live, but the road closure was not marked on the map. I reported it-> report: a8630f40-4129-4e13-8a54-4e89ffecec0a

My report got accepted, but the road closure is still not marked (even in the Mapshare reporter).

Can please someone look into it?

Thanks in advance
Have a nice day

S.L.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Thanks @Sour_Lem0n
    I have raised an internal ticket for this one..

Regards
    Vikram.
  • Sour_Lem0n
    Sour_Lem0n Registered Users Posts: 17
    Master Explorer
    VikramK wrote: »
    Thanks @Sour_Lem0n
    I have raised an internal ticket for this one..

Regards
    Vikram.

Thanks a lot VikramK

Have a nice day
    S.L.
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    Hi,
    I have plenty of these reports which are always accepted but where nothing happens 'in the field' and the incorrect info is shown or where TT guides via closed routes.
    Isn't this a general issues instead of a specific case?
    Cheers,
    Eddy
  • Lepre
    Lepre Registered Users Posts: 135
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Hello,
    I have been reporting changes on the roads and roundabouts where I live for more than a year, but I don't see any changes on the new maps! Apple released new maps last week and coincidentally all the reports I had made to Tom Tom (which he hasn't changed), Apple has made them! I'm sorry but seeing all my reporting work done for nothing. I will not do any more, I have seen that until now they have not been used for anything!
    good job
  • scubaal
    scubaal Registered Users Posts: 53
    Legendary Explorer
    Yep I have been reporting errors for over a year and despite them being accepted they have NOT come through to the maps. Meanwhile Google and Apple maps are accurate and have all the correct information. I am wasting my money on TomTom and will not renew
  • scubaal
    scubaal Registered Users Posts: 53
    Legendary Explorer
    2b942343-a1db-428c-a2bf-b501d732bd66 - heres one of mine as another example. I have been reporting these for over a year. Mapshare says 'fixed' - but they never make it to the map updates in GO.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hello @scubaal @Lepre @eddydc @Sour_Lem0n,

Just want to point out that only Go Discovery get's bi-weekly reports, as well as the app.

The others are 3 months a year, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Accepted means it is in database and getting ready to push into the maps.

Fixed means it is in the map.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013898080-About-TomTom-MapShare
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    Hello @scubaal @Lepre @eddydc @Sour_Lem0n,

Just want to point out that only Go Discovery get's bi-weekly reports, as well as the app.

The others are 3 months a year, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Accepted means it is in database and getting ready to push into the maps.

Fixed means it is in the map.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013898080-About-TomTom-MapShare

I'm talking about the app in my case.
    Accepted means in my case not rejected in order to not let it open. I've many examples were it remains accepted and never fixed. It sometimes that TT waits until it isn't an issue anymore.
    Fixed indeed means that it's on the map but without any guarantee that it'll be rolled out to the maps. Encountered many cases where MPS is correct for ages and still not in the app, despite the latest update.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_ca/#mode=viewport+viewport=54.4641,-3.23499,4.67,0,-0+ver=3

Does it show in the above map?

I see, it would be best if the moderator checks into your reports, @eddydc as you do have the right amount of reports, you should be able to check on your status much easier.

As in the dashboard for 100 or more fixed POI's in a account gets new dashbaod which shows so much more detail instead of just "accepted".

Try signing out and in again, try incognito.

Shawn
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_ca/#mode=viewport+viewport=54.4641,-3.23499,4.67,0,-0+ver=3

I see, it would be best if the moderator checks into your reports, @eddydc as you do have the right amount of reports, you should be able to check on your status much easier.

As in the dashboard for 100 or more fixed POI's in a account gets new dashbaod which shows so much more detail instead of just "accepted".

Shawn

I've 276 fixed reports. You're referring to POIs. I guess that it also count for the rest. POIs are the least of my concerns compared to speed limits and street properties.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    eddydc wrote: »

Shawn

I've 276 fixed reports. You're referring to POIs. I guess that it also count for the rest. POIs are the least of my concerns compared to speed limits and street properties.

I see, nvm, my mistake