When are EV charging points coming on map

JvanSchaik
JvanSchaik Registered Users Posts: 3
Neophyte Traveler
edited September 2021 in TomTom Services
When will all the ev charging points be added to the map? As a ev driver the option to see all the fuelpumps isnt usefull…

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    edited September 2021
    Hi @JvanSchaik
    EV charging stations should already be a part of in-build POI's if you are using the GO Navigation app (iOS)

Regards,
    Vikram
  • JvanSchaik
    JvanSchaik Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Ok, i have found them indead..thank you. But what i ment is that i want to see them when i am driving just like when i can see a fuelstation. In the settings menu/appearance/routebar/routeinformation you can choose what info you can see in the map, now you only can choose parkingplace/gasstation/stoppingplace, the option for a chargingstation would be Nice so this Will be shown in the map. Maybe this can be added on a upcoming update?
  • jrmgolem
    jrmgolem Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Quite honestly I am disappointed that EV charging points have not yet been added, we now have Zap-Map and even Google maps provide them.

Get your finger out developers and catchup with the times!
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,828
     Superuser
    edited April 11
    Hi
    @jrmgolem
    Which Tomtom device you own ??? (Edit) I see from a previous post back in 2014 you refer to a GO 6000 ???
    jrmgolem wrote: »
    Quite honestly I am disappointed that EV charging points have not yet been added, we now have Zap-Map and even Google maps provide them.
    Get your finger out developers and catchup with the times!
    Tomtom got their finger out ages ago ;)
    To Show 'Charging Stations' on the Map....
    From the NAV4 devices (i.e... GO 6000) & the later Wi-Fi connected devices simply Install the offered Tomtom 'Charging Stations' POI file....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance... Show POI List on Map... Set the Charging Stations to display on the Map....
    If you do not require Petrol Stations to be Displayed... Set the Petrol Stations option to Off....

On the Latest GO Discover & Expert devices...
    Tap on the 3 line 'Hamburger Icon' --> Settings --> Map & Display --> Show on the Map --> Points of interest --> More Categories....
    Scroll down & Select 'Electric Vehicle Charging Station'... Set the option to On....
    Or...Tap on the 3 line 'Hamburger Icon' --> Search... Type 'Elec' or as much of 'Electric Vehicle Charging Station' to display the POI on the list....
    Tap on the offered 'Electric Vehicle Charging Station' for a local search or Tap the 'Whole Map' button to select your search area....
    If you do not require Petrol Stations to be Displayed... Set the Petrol Stations option to Off....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM