My go expert will not connect to traffic services, and now will not connect to bluetooth, or Wifi

Unorthodox1318
Unorthodox1318 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
I've recently received my new Go Expert and I set it up, and instantly realized there were no live traffic updates even though I have an active subscription.

I've factory reset the device countless times with the same issues, my device won't connect to the internet or Bluetooth at all anymore, I've forgotten the devices on both my phone and my nav, I just keep getting the error "Unable to connect because the phone is out of range" or something similar, I've tried connecting to the Wifi, I get no error but when I try to log into my drive, It sits on the loading spin endlessly.

I completely regret buying this device, since opening the package it's been nothing but issues.

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @Unorthodox1318

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, do a soft reset and check again.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @Unorthodox1318

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, do a soft reset and check again.

Regards, Vikram
  • gazzamod
    gazzamod Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    i have just the same but i fix wifi with a rest set, but I can`t connect to my expert all tomtom support want to do is sell me programs that I do not need, i have found tot tom to be a joke and i am thinking off sending it back.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @gazzamod

Are you sure you are communicating with the real Tomtom when you say they want to sell you programmes. There are some quite convincing websites offering to sort out TT units at significant cost.

If you want to be sure you are connecting with Tomtom Customer Support try the following.

There are no phone lines working only Chat and email.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and at the bottom is a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug