Error code 20209 while updating the maps

Dresvik
Dresvik Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
I have an error code 20209 and cannot update my map the old one has disappeared leaving no map

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Hi @Dresvik

Welcome to the Community! Can you quit the app, restart and try again? If it doesn't work and gives you the same error, you need to reinstall the app and download the maps again. Make sure you have enough memory left on the phone.

Best, lampard
  • Miguel1974
    Miguel1974 Registered Users Posts: 9
    Master Explorer
    I have the same error. Restarting app doesn’t solve it. Deleting the app says I’m going to lose all my data. What does that mean? Thank you.
  • Miguel1974
    Master Explorer
    I tried to reinstall the app. Keeps giving error 20209. So no maps. What should I do next ?
  • lampard
    HI @Miguel1974

Can you help me with the below information?
    • App Version
    • Phone Model
    • iOS version
    • Maps you're trying to download
    This will help us to reproduce the issue at our end.

Thanks, lampard
  • Smin
    Smin Registered Users Posts: 3
    Novice Seeker
    have the same error: 2029 no maps
  • Smin
    Novice Seeker
    Tom Tom go 2.7
    iPhone xr
    IOS 14.7.1
    Maps: Italy, Switzerland
    Lugano Switzerland
  • lampard
    Hi @Smin

Welcome to the Community! Please try the steps mentioned above and see if it works.
    Otherwise, we'll need these details mentioned above.

Best, lampard
  • Smin
    Novice Seeker
    I have memory left on the phone 22.4 GB
  • z7x
    z7x Registered Users Posts: 25
    Master Explorer
    edited September 2021
    My wife and I both have the same problem. We are travelling across Europe now and were attracted by the new bar in Apple Car Play so we updated the app on our iPhones. Now we are unable to use the app as no maps can be updated! I get the same error as above 20209. I tried uninstalling the app (removing it completely from our iPhones),

APp version 2.7
    iPhone 7 iOS 14.4.2
    iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 14.7.1
    iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 14.7.1
    Europe (several countries)
    I'm currently in Poland (if it makes any difference?!)

Very disappointing!
  • nrb0123
    nrb0123 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Novice Seeker
    Likewise get the same error 20209 on any map I try to download so the TomTom navigation now completely useless
  • baerentp
    baerentp Registered Users Posts: 1
    Novice Seeker
    Same error for me - 20209 while updating/instaling maps.

I had maps for Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany and France. After this "mandatory" update I lost Hamburg (Germany northwest) and France northwest.

Last time you "forced a mandatory" update I lost a couple of months subscription - and now this...

• Miguel1974
    Master Explorer
    So my data:
    Tom Tom go 2.7
    iPhone XS Max
    IOS 14.7.1
    Maps: Italy, Switzerland, Germany, France, Portugal
    The problems started on the 11th August. I was travelling from Portugal to Switzerland. Suddenly app said “no route possible”. And finished. No more TomTom. On the 10th august the app was ok I used it all day. The problem only came in the 11th. It was a big deal I was in the middle of France. Suddenly no maps. Had to use Google Maps. And internet. In France. Switzerland is not EU…so paid for roaming.
    Yesterday after trying more than 10 times I was able to download the maps. Kept giving the same error but suddenly I was able to download then. But they seem to be too heavy (2,3GB France, 1,5GB Germany, 1,3GB Italy, 1GB Spain). When you download nome has more than 1GB. At least that is what was written.
    But I’m not sure I can trust the app now. Even if I have the maps…
    Something I noticed in July is that the app was occupying more than 40GB on my phone (!!!). That was bizarre because I only use the maps referred above. That’s a lot of space but I kept it because I was going to travel in a few days.
  • Miguel1974
    Master Explorer
    Tried to download Belgium map now. Same error. So clearly there’s a problem and the maps I have…well I’m not sure if they’re ok or not. But the app says they are there…
    Tried Austria…same error.
    So I was lucky yesterday but pretty sure the maps won’t work…
  • nrb0123
    Novice Seeker
    Still not fixed, might as well cancel my subscription as app is now useless.

App version: 2.7
    Phone model: iPhone 12 Pro Max
    iOS version: 14.7.1
    Available free space on phone: 374.6 GB
    Trying to download France and UK and for that matter any of the Europe maps (only map that downloaded is Switzerland) all others give error 20209
  • Hanshenrik1
    Hanshenrik1 Registered Users Posts: 28
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Error 20209 when downloading germany map other maps okay.

Have a iphone se 2 ios 14.7.1
  • Richj8
    Richj8 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Cannot load Pennsylvania map - code 20209
  • Miguel1974
    Master Explorer
    TomTom I would appreciate some kind of feedback. I think it’s the minimum. Apps have problems we just need to know things are being taken care of. We have TomTom because we need to use it.
  • nrb0123
    Novice Seeker
    Just an update as TomTom aren’t answering.

So I tried using a vpn (express vpn) and set my location to the UK to try and download the UK map (as I will be there in a few days) and this worked!

So I tried other maps and I was also able to download every other map I tried also.

Perhaps this is because my phone is still on the UK App Store and that’s where I bought the subscription? Although I live in Switzerland (as it seemed strange that the only map I could download originally was for Switzerland). Who knows exactly but it worked for me!
  • z7x
    z7x Registered Users Posts: 25
    Master Explorer
    Miguel1974 wrote: »
    TomTom I would appreciate some kind of feedback. I think it’s the minimum. Apps have problems we just need to know things are being taken care of. We have TomTom because we need to use it.

Nah, they like to delete people's posts as they did in a different thread.

I've been using TomTom for 20 years and I've never had any major issues until now when I'm actually travelling through Europe... Not sure why I was excited about TomTom CarPlay as I can't display the map on my instrument cluster like I can with the built-in sat-nav, which is not bad either...
  • tahirmus
    tahirmus Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited September 2021
    Getting the same error while trying to download Germany maps. I have already tried restarting, uninstalling/reinstalling the app.

App Version: 2.7
    Phone Model: iPhone 11 pro
    iOS version: 14.7.1
    Maps you're trying to download: Germany Southwest
  • Miguel1974
    Master Explorer
    After today’s update of the app on the App Store…same error. Nightmare continues.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    I deleted all the Germany maps from my App and then following updating the App to 2.7.1 I was able to reload all the Germany maps.
  • rolob7
    rolob7 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I deleted the app, re-installed it, and was able to download my maps (Switzerland, Austria, Germany, France and Italy). But I had to use a VPN service to have a german IP address.
    App 2.7.1
    iOS 14.7.1
    iPhone 12 pro Max
    Location Switzerland
  • Hanshenrik1
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Can reload german map exept Grmany north west.This means i cannot make a route in Germany.
    I hope tomtom react fast and fix this problem.I wonder why they are withouy comments of this issue.
  • Hanshenrik1
    Prominent Wayfarer
    I can now download all maps.Still no message from TomTom