Can not route to list (Sylt)

pheuch
pheuch Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
In Germany. I am in Bretzenheim (zip code 55559) and calculate a route to List on Sylt via tomtomgo App Version 2.7 on iOS . I get the message „Keine Route möglich“ . If I calculate a route to Sylt, without choosing a city, the route is calculated.
Seems to be a bug.

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    Hi @pheuch

I am in the UK and this might interest you and @Jürgen

if I open search and input 55559 and select Bretzenheim 55559 from search then set as a Start Point then do a Search for List on Sylt and then Tap the Drive icon the Unit states No route possible.

If I do the same but using Start Point as List on Sylt and the destination as Bretzenheim 55559 it finds a route.

Doug
  • pheuch
    New Seeker
    Hi Doug, thank you for the test. It is a bit strange. If I select a street in List, the routing does work. So it seems to be a problem of the definition of List.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
    Community Manager
    Looks like it's related to a known issue. If I disable online routing it works.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
    Community Manager
    Correction - there is a road closure at the city centre that is causing this
  • pheuch
    New Seeker
    So the error message is misleading? I remember that I have seen error messages about my destination, but the routing was not aborted ( I think this was on my 6000). This is what I would like from the system. Because you have no idea what is wrong and what you can do to reach your destination.
  • Frank6467
    Frank6467 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    I fully agree with pheuch's comment: it is really annoying that TomTom does not tell us why a route is impossible. It would be very helpful to know at which route point the road block is so that one can change the route.