how do i backup my tomtom?

froggy8
froggy8 Registered Users Posts: 46
Master Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
hi guys

i have tried searching for this but it is saying to click on mmc, but i cant see mmc when i right click my mydrive icon.

can anyone help please?

unless it automatically do backups when i connect my tomtom.

many thanks

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @froggy8

You don't have too. If you select a place on the Map and ask for it to be saved in My Places then your Premium will sync that information back to your account on the TT servers. If you create a route in My Drive on your PC or the My Drive App on your phone and save it to My Routes where you created it then that is also saved on your account on the TT servers and if you click on 6he option Sync to my devices when creating the routes then they are sent to your Premium and appear in My Routes.

So should you ever need to do a Factory Reset on the unit when you set the unit up and it connects to your account when it has logged in on the Premium s My Drive then all your My Places and My Routes are restored to the device.

If you want to add any 3rd party POI files to the device you do this via My Drive on your PC and then again theses will restored after a Reset.

The only things that are not saved are Routes created on the Premium and saved in its My Routes and so for those if you want to back them up to the PC then you can export them from the unit using a small Micro SD Card.

If you have already created some My Places then go to the TT My Drive webpage, log into your account and you should see them listed by clicking on th My Drive Icon on the left edge.

Doug

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    hi the backups are at TomTom
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @froggy8

You don't have too. If you select a place on the Map and ask for it to be saved in My Places then your Premium will sync that information back to your account on the TT servers. If you create a route in My Drive on your PC or the My Drive App on your phone and save it to My Routes where you created it then that is also saved on your account on the TT servers and if you click on 6he option Sync to my devices when creating the routes then they are sent to your Premium and appear in My Routes.

So should you ever need to do a Factory Reset on the unit when you set the unit up and it connects to your account when it has logged in on the Premium s My Drive then all your My Places and My Routes are restored to the device.

If you want to add any 3rd party POI files to the device you do this via My Drive on your PC and then again theses will restored after a Reset.

The only things that are not saved are Routes created on the Premium and saved in its My Routes and so for those if you want to back them up to the PC then you can export them from the unit using a small Micro SD Card.

If you have already created some My Places then go to the TT My Drive webpage, log into your account and you should see them listed by clicking on th My Drive Icon on the left edge.

Doug
  • froggy8
    froggy8 Registered Users Posts: 46
    Master Explorer
    many thanks guys

just what i anted to hear. was bit worried just in case the tomtom messes up again.