POI Not listed

Triz
Triz Registered Users Posts: 12
Legendary Explorer
One of my favorite restaurant location isn't listed in the POI database that I thought was web based but it's the Red Lobster on 9140 Roosevelt Blvd E ACROSS THE STREET FROM NORTHEAST SHOPPING CENTER, Philadelphia, PA 19115 I did add it manually but this happened with another restaurant I was going to the location wasn't listed I had to use Google maps which had the correct location of both places but of course I would like to use Tom Tom for my navigation since I pay a subscription and I use Tom Tom Go through AA

Comments

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    40.07595, -75.03434

oomv5h3ggys5.png

rp0v585m1juc.png

• Triz
    Legendary Explorer
    I can find it if I type the address and the address does come up but if I just type in Red Lobster it doesn't list that location
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    you have to go to poi restaurant on the GPS
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    Did you check on mapshare or report it over there? I didn't see it, so I reported it.
  • Triz
    Legendary Explorer
    Thanks eddydc
  • Triz
    Legendary Explorer
    I thought the POI search was web based like Google maps I thought it was searching the internet for the POI information I guess that's not the case
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Triz Hello, great to see that EddyDc helped you solve this.

I believe TomTom does have a database that has the POI's, though it is not web like Bing or Google.

Anyways the restaurant is added to map,

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_ca/#mode=search+viewport=40.07605,-75.03434,16,0,-0+search={"input":"Red Lobster","coords":[40.07605,-75.03434]}+ver=3

here is a link :)

have a great day

Shawn
  • Triz
    Legendary Explorer
    I did see that and thanks I'm just waiting for them to add highway exit numbers to android auto now
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Triz wrote: »
    I did see that and thanks I'm just waiting for them to add highway exit numbers to android auto now

That's amazing, keep reporting issues you find along the way. I believe a TomTom staff or moderator mention in another forum they are working on getting highway exit numbers implemented soon.

For now, always keep your eyes on the road and road signs to guide you :)

Have a great day!

Shawn