No progress during update to device

HSvB
HSvB Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
Hello
10.75 download is stored on my laptop. But update to device GO5000 does not proceed.
MyDrive Connect shows 0%, and GO5000 pretends to update.
I start everything all over again, but no success.
Is this a known problem?

Answers

• seaview222
    seaview222 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes. Me too. Don't expect help from TOMTOM!
  • HSvB
    HSvB Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Obviously they cut out GO5000 to force customers to buy a newer device.
    So I don't buy anymore a TomTom Navigation.
    That's it.
  • JoJay
    JoJay Registered Users Posts: 8
    Master Traveler
    My GO 5100 won't update the "Lifetime Maps" either. The update downloads to the computer and then the device does nothing, no matter how long I leave it! Tom tom is very good at making customers buy with false promises of "Lifetime" this and that, but at the end of the day it all comes down to support and keeping their promises. Now I just feel my money was taken under false pretenses as this unit is GPRS and was not cheap! There have been lots of changes to roads and speed cameras and updating is essential to avoid blocked roads and speed traps. If I cannot keep my unit contemporary it is almost as good as useless. I have heard nothing yet from support and from what I read in other posts, I don't expect I ever will! Tom tom are alienating their customers by providing updates that don't work and servers that are inadequately slow and customer support that is ineffective. Next time it won't be a TomTom if help fails me!
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,766
    Elite Voyager
    @JoJay

Tomtom has always offered lifetime maps on devices that have lifetime maps.

Come back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account.
  • JoJay
    Master Traveler
    @VikramK support (so far) is unforthcoming! Can you help me please?
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,712
    Hi @JoJay
    The updates are getting blocked due to which the installation does not proceed.
    See the reasons and workaround I have mentioned under Case 3.1: in the support article here- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121560/tomtom-no-maps-found#latest

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • JoJay
    Master Traveler
    @VikramK Thanks I will read the article.
  • JoJay
    Master Traveler
    @VikramK Hello I have read the articles but am still confused. I already have a lifetime map installed (from manufacture) on the internal memory along with speed cameras for different European countries. 17Mb of space is left empty out of 8GB, but a 32GB SDHC card is installed and formatted successfully and allocated to "Maps". I was under the impression (right or wrong?) that My Drive Connect would validate the certificate of that map, delete it and then install the updated map! Is this not the case? Or do I need to delete the old map myself? If I do, will its certificate be erased too? Will that stop the update? The article does not make any of this clear but it seems to indicate that a smaller map needs to replace the old large map leaving at least 400Mb of free internal memory to allow the new large map to be installed to the SDHC card. Please explain and correct anything I have said wrong and just tell me exactly what I need to do to get this working.