My old go 5000 is better than the go discover. How can I return the Go Discover and get money back?

Kees_48
Kees_48 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
I do use a MacBook Air 2020. I have to use a connection cable to connect the AIR with the Go Discover, via tomtom home. And that is impossible. So I can't install Traffic (and fell Sunday-afternoon in a traffic jam and a 45 minute drive became a 120 minutes drive (making me deciding to use the 5000) and Flitser.
Since I can't make a phonecalll how to return the Discover and get my money back, I do it this way.

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @Kees_48

The GO Discover does not work with Tomtom Home which is the software for the old devices. The recent devices including the GO Discover use Tomtom My Drive Connect.

You can only download Maps to the GO Discover devices using the direct connection of the unit via Wifi and with no connection to a PC.

Regarding Traffic you need to connect the GO Discover to a Phone Via Bluetooth. When pairing the Phone via Bluetooth on the iPhone if using IOS13 or later you have to have the Personal Hotspot Option in the Phones Settings turned On. You do not connect the GO Discover to the Phones Hotspot as a Wifi connection.

Doug
  • Kees_48
    Kees_48 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks to both of you.
    I tried en did a forced (hard) restart of my IPhone. And after that restart the problem had gone.
    Yesterday afternoon I could drive and receive traffic-alerts, speedcamera-alerts and fuel-prices.
    The Discover wasn't the problem, but the IPhone was.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @Kees_48

Glad you have sorted it.

Doug