No search function

rondeco30
rondeco30 Registered Users Posts: 62
Renowned Wayfarer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
What happened to the search function where you could search for a particular chain of shops or restaurants if you're in an unfamiliar town? Used to come back with a list closest first. I use it all the time when in France!

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    What is your GPS device
  • rondeco30
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Hi, Go Premium X
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @rondeco30
    Welcome to the site....
    I always use the far superior 'Quick Search' search engine...
    Check Search Engine.... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Choose a search mode.....

Were you using the pre-installed POI categories on the GO Premium
    Tomtom GO Premium User Guide... Page 90 of the PDF file
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014362599-GO-Premium-User-Manual

Try searching for the Built-in POI category 'Petrol station' or 'Restaurant'

(1)... Type "Rest" (Or as much of the word Restaurant that’s required for the category to appear at the top of the right-hand column)
    Tap the offered "Restaurant" (top of the right-hand column)
    Continue as in example (3)

(2)... Type "Petrol" (Or as much of the word Petrol Station that’s required for the category to appear at the top of the right-hand column)
    Tap the offered "Petrol Station" (top of the right-hand column)
    Continue as in example (3)

(3)... To show the POIs for Birmingham, UK Railway stations on the map, work your way down to Option (2)

From the main screen
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) (Screen Bottom left)
    Tap the Search Icon
    Type Rail (Or as much of the word that’s required for the category to appear at the top of the right-hand column)
    Tap the offered "Railway station" (top of the right-hand column)
    Note..... The initial offering (Right-hand column) will be local to your search
    The Main search area turns blue and "Railway station" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the town/city of the required Station, Type Birm (Or as much of the word that's required for the category to appear at the top of the right-hand column

After tapping the Keyboard Icon (Screen bottom right)
    There is a now dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles
    (1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a list will appear of the Birmingham Railway Stations in distance order
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the Birmingham Railway Station POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail)
    There is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

You can also search for a Town (Area)...
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search...
    Then Screen top right... Tap Whole Map
    o0se6o5bh2n1.jpg
    Select....
    843m281xlw2f.jpg
    Below is a Search around the Town of Ludlow for the Archie's Camping & Caravan POIs... The Icons are dynamic. The closer you zoom, more icons appear

h9od09kbq9rb.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • rondeco30
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Thanks for that YamFazMan, some great tips and usef information there. I work in France lot and make a beeline for mcdonalds if I need coffee or wi-fi, I used to be able to type in macdonalds or e.g. Antiques and it would return a list with nearest first, can I get that feature back? I'll try it using POI though.

Cheers,
    Ron