Downloading a route from my computer to my Go Discover

grahamb1
grahamb1 Registered Users Posts: 16
Master Explorer
My new GO Discover is up-to-date and connected to my computer and I have logged on to my My Drive account on my computer and on my satnav and the satnav is synched to the computer All my saved routes automatically downloaded from my computer to my satnav. However, I have just created a new route on my computer but it won't download to my satnav. Please help!

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,417
    Exalted Pioneer
    try reset factory
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @grahamb1

If you created the Route in MyDrive did you tick the box saying you want to sync the route to your devices.

Doug
  • grahamb1
    Master Explorer
    Yes - I selected 'synch with my device' and the satnav said that it was synced. I've done the process loads of times with my old satnav, so I'm quite familiar with the process. I tried a factory reset. All my old saved routes were restored but I still can't save a new route from MyDrive on my PC
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    the old Itn was in GPX OR ITIN
  • grahamb1
    Master Explorer
    Sorry - I don't understand
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi @grahamb1

I have just created 2 routes to check that the syncing is working or not. I am sure I clicked Sync when I created them however one did not sync across. Could you just check that if you Tap the routes so you get the description menu and the route displayed that it is showing the Sync button as having been selected.

Doug
  • grahamb1
    Master Explorer
    Hi, Doug
    Thanks for your help. Not sure what a decoration menu is but I've attached a couple of screen shots which show the sync sliders
    Graham
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @grahamb1

Description. 😂😂

Have you tried experimenting with a few others and could you try another Web Browser .
    Doug
  • grahamb1
    Master Explorer
    Funnily enough, as you described in an earlier reply, the download worked once, but has now stopped working. I've tried downloading/syncing another new route and I've tried using a different browser (Chrome instead of Firefox), but nothing works. I think it's a software bug, so I'll probably revert to my old TomTom Start and take mt GO Discover back for a refund
  • grahamb1
    Master Explorer
    Here is the advice I received from TomTom:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dear G Brookbanks,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Care. My name is Stanley and I’ll be happy to help you today.

The reference number for your query is 1323733.

I understand from your email that you want to save the route from a computer on your GO Discover device. Please be assured that I will try my best to help you with it.

I would like to inform you that the GO Discover device is not compatible with the routes that you create a transfer it to the device.

In this case, you have to create the routes on your GO Discover device and then save them.[/b]

I hope this helps.

I wish you a nice day and if you have further questions and concerns, you are welcome to contact me or one of my colleagues-we are happy to help.

Best wishes and good health!

With kind regards,
    Stanley
    TomTom Customer Care Team
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So you can't plan routes on your computer and download to GO Discover. I'll definitely be taking it back for a refund.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @grahamb1

I have created a route using the My Drive Webpage and it syncs to my GO Discover instantly it logs into My Drive.

If I have a route suitable for use on a TT unit and created other than in My Drive then I can import it into my account via MyDrive and that syncs to the device.

Doug
  • grahamb1
    Master Explorer
    edited September 2021
    Thanks, Doug. I think Stanley from the TomTom Customer Care Team was talking out of his a**e. It's too easy just to say " it's not compatible".
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong - I'm just trying to download a route the same way I've done many, many times with my Start 50. I'm not sure what "a route suitable for use on a TT unit and created other than in My Drive" means, but I'm going to follow up my query with the TomTom support team and hope I can find somebody with b etter knowledge who can sort the problem out for me.