Do you ever consider update TTGO maps to 1075?

ucugur
ucugur Registered Users Posts: 36
Renowned Trailblazer
I mean what's the point of paying for TTGO instead of just using AmiGO when we have outdated maps in this app? It's getting frustrating when you have wrong routes in a paid app but better routes in AmiGO. Please update it more frequent

Comments

• ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    I mean what's the point of paying for TTGO instead of just using AmiGO when we have outdated maps in this app? It's getting frustrating when you have wrong routes in a paid app but better routes in AmiGO. Please update it more frequent
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Hi @ucugur

The GO app offers detailed offline maps (stored on the device), similar SatNav UI with Route Bar and Moving Lane Guidance. Whereas, AmiGO is using a fully online map, with a focus on community reporting.

The latest map update 10.75 are the maps used in PND's (except for the GO Discover/GO Expert/GO Apps). The GO App now has quick updates every week and full scope map updates that are released every month, see this reply here.

I know you've raised this multiple times earlier and the team is aware of all this feedback, they are continuously improving the process.

Best, lampard
  • dezmo
    dezmo Registered Users Posts: 94
    Revered Navigator
    lampard wrote: »
    ...and the team is aware of all this feedback, they are continuously improving the process.

Best, lampard

Of course, and obviously there is no sign that it would be better. On the contrary, the maps are getting worse. And they (the team) can’t even make a list of changes, they probably have no idea about it at all.

So @lampard , tell my friendly greetings to the team and also tell them I won’t pay them any more.

I’ve been waiting for about a year (since July 2020) for it to be at least as good as the 1.8xx maps. It did not happened.

• ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Hi @ucugur

The GO app offers detailed offline maps (stored on the device), similar SatNav UI with Route Bar and Moving Lane Guidance. Whereas, AmiGO is using a fully online map, with a focus on community reporting.

The latest map update 10.75 are the maps used in PND's (except for the GO Discover/GO Expert/GO Apps). The GO App now has quick updates every week and full scope map updates that are released every month, see this reply here.

I know you've raised this multiple times earlier and the team is aware of all this feedback, they are continuously improving the process.

Best, lampard

Thanks for consideration. I don't mean to be rude or push anyone. I appreciate TomTom team's work a lot and I don't consider using any other navigation provider's apps.

I know the announcement you talk about, yes but I don't see these updates in my day to day practical life when I'm using TTGO. Even though there's no Turkish Play Store version, I pay for it in US dollars. At least to show my appreciation to the TomTom team.

I'm also aware of differences between AmiGO and TTGO app. But while I can't route on the motorway has been built a year ago in my city (which is one of the biggest cities in Turkey and one of the most tourist attracting cities in whole world)... It's pointless to use TomTomGO features while I can have this route in AmiGO.

Sorry but I will have to quit my subscription TTGO after this month though I will keep checking if the maps are updated or not. Thanks for giving us AmiGO, I still appreciate.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an old TomTom user since 2005. But now I have a new car with new technology... Android Auto, and I don't wanna install a screen in my brand new car. I mean I don't even trust the BMW's built in HERE maps which I've paid for. That's how much I like TomTom maps 😂. So I stick with AmiGO 🤷🏽‍♂️

Best
  • ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited August 2021
    We users, just think this way...
    And I think most of the users would agree with that...

Give us an app that does everything together and make it 30 dollars per month. I'd pay for it.

It's not my business to give TomTom team advices neither I have this authorization. But I just think that... Having a fully functioning and updated app in 2021 is much more important than having the best navigation device. Cause people don't install navigation devices to their recently bought vehicles anymore.

Just a friendly, loyal user advice. Not a hater.

Give me the best navigation app and I will give you free medical consultation in exchange 😂. Deal? In Germany/Hannover or Turkey/Antalya, working free for TomTom workers.

Best
  • lampard
    Hi @ucugur
    I can't route on the motorway has been built a year ago in my city (which is one of the biggest cities in Turkey and one of the most tourist-attracting cities in whole world)
    Can you provide us with the specific location of this missing highway?

Best, lampard
  • ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    It's not my businessDumlupınar Bulvarı, 07070 Konyaalti, TUR https://amigo.tomtom.com/map/detail?latitude=36.89270615857021&longitude=30.66454512508732

Updated in AmiGO, so I can use it. Not in TTGO cause, connections ways, road types and viaducts are wrong in Dumlupınar Bulvarı. I also had reported on Mapshare about 1-2 months ago
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    i0wusjhii9tx.png

kbtehw2uwq1l.png

• ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    nabu wrote: »
    i0wusjhii9tx.png

kbtehw2uwq1l.png

It exists and updated in AmiGO and MyDrive. I just asked, TTGO updates to be quicker. That's the issue

I already report changed roads on Mapshare and the team takes care of it. I know that. Just updates never appear in TTGO as I said before. That's why I use AmiGO
  • ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    I have just deleted 1GB of map of Turkey and TTGO today. I won't re-download it to prove it is outdated in TTGO but you can see that it is outdated comparing your MyDrive maps and TTGO maps.
  • ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    My issue is simple as that... Just update TTGO maps. I KNOW MyDrive maps are updated but it's useless for navigation. Please read what I write and reply after that.
  • ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    And if you wanna see my reports on Mapshare. Just check it. Don't ask me locations here. It's too many different things...

Mapshare
    MyDrive
    TomTomGO App
    AmiGO App

Just why?
  • ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    I've been telling for months that TTGO maps are not updated compared to AmiGO and MyDrive and team has kept me telling excuses like "we update weekly", "what's wrong with ... boulevard", "we're working on it", "send us the mapshare edit id" etc. So I'm here to prove you how weekly updates are not real by pictures. Again... my problem is not that you don't check Mapshare reports, My issue is simple TomTom GO Android App Map IS NOT UPDATED WEEKLY and outdated compared to MyDrive and AmiGO (Simple and Clear)

(Screenshot order: 1.MyDrive 2.AmiGO 3.TomTomGO)

Example 1 (36,9141987, 30,6653212)

hbkvk3q6ancx.jpg
    qnivv2swibda.jpg
    mqxhzlurh9b7.jpg

Example 2 (36,8924525, 30,6755893)

prgvauvyxc21.jpg
    fxnr7ioe24wv.jpg
    jk7me7uy2hmo.jpg

Example 3 (36,8921165, 30,6644662)

96gacp4gzmi4.jpg
    f0wyu78yxv4r.jpg
    epbmkvi74323.jpg

Example 4 (36,8846291, 30,6623888)

82bhsbdpjz4e.jpg
    cj5vk8kwdygy.jpg
    ethv6rfa0teo.jpg

Example 5 (36,8876950, 30,6772074)

p3z4td3buank.jpg
    lhy2mzkyz0gk.jpg
    ossxo9z6iqvu.jpg

Do you need more examples to take customer issues into consideration? Solutions you recommend does not fix the real problem.

Also I can't give you one particular Mapshare edit ID among hundreds of edits I've made. I mean that's not even the issue. NOT one particular road correction. The issue is TomTom GO map update!

• lampard
    Thank you @ucugur ! This is very concise and detailed, I'll send these examples to my team as well.

Best, lampard
  • ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    Thank you @ucugur ! This is very concise and detailed, I'll send these examples to my team as well.

Best, lampard

Thanks for consideration. Btw I have more examples if you need.

1. (37,6747580, 30,5271887)

qg5wf863ucpe.jpg
    5ri4r9ld1npr.jpg

2. (36,8926306, 30,6645822)

wepzep5s1cat.jpg
    trc0y0qovtsb.jpg

• lampard
    Thanks again @ucugur ! I think we've enough examples, to begin with.

Best, lampard
  • ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    @lampard thanks again
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    Hi @ucugur , all issues have been reported to NDS team and they are kept under GONAV-4212 (our internal bug report).

When it comes to example 7 (https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1779364/#Comment_1779364) -> it is caused by missing link reported by you in previous post (also covered in tickets that I created for NDS team).
  • ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    @szachowa Thank you
  • ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    36.9047445, 30.6638064

MyDrive

kw8a16sthhzn.jpg

TTGO

lcl0hw7lz2r7.jpg
  • ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    36.9200988, 30.7873452

MyDrive

g6gpbsjh9hzr.jpg

TTGO

6g7u4mlpm9am.jpg

• ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    37.0437775, 30.6229459

MyDrive

hclqntwrb818.jpg

TTGO

o5vxac6n911g.jpg

• ucugur
    Renowned Trailblazer
    37.0387153, 30.6245285

MyDrive

0gazc680t0zf.jpg

TTGO

ae12qaps23e4.jpg
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    Thanks, I will try to report these GONAV map issues today.
  • mapfanatic
    mapfanatic Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Revered Voyager
    szachowa wrote: »
    Thanks, I will try to report these GONAV map issues today.

@szachowa
    These are not problems. We know that the conversion process takes a long time.
    More serious are changes in the online map that weeks or months. B)