Speed limits no longer accurate in Germany

Seb_DUS
Seb_DUS Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
Hi,

Since the latest update the speed limits shown in the Android App are almost always wrong. Biggest problem is that it shows 130 km/h in areas where there is no limit. Sometimes it also shows 130 where the limit is 120, or some other difference.

The highways I was on today have not had speed limit changes in years, and this information was correct until this week. :/

(Android: 3.2.12(4140)), Map 41770

Comments

• dezmo
    dezmo Registered Users Posts: 94
    Revered Navigator
    edited August 2021
    I can confirm that I Just arrived back to Germany and have to say that the way TT showing the speed limit is in between useless and ridiculous.
    I just laugh because it wouldn’t be better if I cried.

This is another reason to interpret NDS as follows:
    New Disaster Set

As a contrast the old maps (before 2.xx) ) showed - let say - in 90% a good seed limits, the new NDS shows cca in 90% bad speed limits.
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    Does the speed limits also appear incorrectly in mapshare?
  • Seb_DUS
    New Seeker
    eddydc wrote: »
    Does the speed limits also appear incorrectly in mapshare?

Hi,

I just checked the A59 and it (correctly) lists no speed limit. My impression yesterday was that TT added 130 (the recommended speed limit) pretty much everywhere, in some cases overriding the actual speed limit.
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    Hi, we are investigating this issue. It is being tracked internally under GONAV-4085 ticket.
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 573
    Revered Pioneer
    edited August 2021
    Also the Autobahn A40 is permanent set to 130 km / h today, but mostly limited to 80 and 100 km / h.

• Seb_DUS
    New Seeker
    Thanks, @szachowa. I was back on a different stretch of the A59 today and TT insists that the limit there is 130.