Workaround for Installing Voices on a Wi-Fi connected device using MyDrive Connect.... — TomTom Community

Workaround for Installing Voices on a Wi-Fi connected device using MyDrive Connect....

YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,990
Superusers
Workaround for Installing Voices on a Wi-Fi connected device using the Menu structure of MyDrive Connect....

Using MyDrive Connect.…
Check.... My Content --> My Voices --> 'Add Voices to your device'... Are the Serena and or Malcolm the UK Voices available in the list to install ???
If 'Yes'... Try reinstalling the Serena or Malcolm UK voice using MyDrive Connect plus My Workaround... As you know all the updates on a GO Wi_Fi connected devices are executed on the Menu structure on the device, the Workaround allows you to use the MyDrive Connect Menu structures on a Wi-Fi Connected Device....
Tip... If you are installing the TTS Computer voices, they are larger MB sized files... The recorded voices' are smaller KB sized files (The TTS voices can read out Street names, Road signs etc)
Note... This workaround doesn't work on the latest GO Discover Models....

See Workaround Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure.

Using the above method, 1st I reinstalled the Malcolm Voice...
Note... I did experience a small glitch when I tested the Malcolm voice, the voice was installed, but when I tested the voice it was silent, no spoken instructions ???
Then I reinstalled the Serena Voice, using the above method... After installing the voice, I Tapped 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Voices to select the voice, and Serena, Malcolm were now both working normally again :)

Stay Safe ATB YFM
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0