Map not zooming in on starting point when starting new route

Bjauto
Bjauto Registered Users Posts: 12
Legendary Explorer
Version:3.2.25-beta (4153)

When starting a new route the app is not automatically zooming in on the starting point. Therefore it is impossible to see what direction I have to go.

I first have to click on the compass-icon twice tot zoom in on the starting point:

1 to show the complete route,
2 to zoom in on the starting point.

Comments

• eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    Hi,
    When a route is calculated the route is zoomed out when starting a route. This is very annoying when one needs to take certain street at the beginning of route. One needs to manually zoom in, despite the correct setting to zoom in on instructions.
    It was also an issue in 2.3 and the seemed to get fixed, but since the last couple of beta version, this issue reappears again.
    Can this be fixed again please?
    Eddy
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it on to my team. I think once you plan a route, it makes sense to show a whole overview and switch to guidance when driving. The map will zoom automatically after you start driving.

Best, lampard
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    lampard wrote: »
    I think once you plan a route, it makes sense to show a whole overview and switch to guidance when driving. The map will zoom automatically after you start driving.

The overview is already given when the possible routes are shown but one calculated it should show the actual route in detail. I have encountered many occasions where I needed to decide which street or direction I should take and TT couldn't tell me since it was still showing an overview. The zoom settings are set to zoom on these situations, but that doesn't happen. Anymore, since it did happen of (beta) versions ago, but suddenly stopped to do so.

• eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    Checked it explicitly and didn't zoom manually. I'm afraid that things don't get zoomed in when I started to drive.
  • SinglePointSafety
    SinglePointSafety Registered Users Posts: 59
    Supreme Trailblazer
    Same problem: does not zoom in when I start my journey. TT, why did you break something that worked just fine....?