6520 No voice after corrupt update!

DiddyCrid
DiddyCrid Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
I recently had an update corrupt as I stopped it after it took more than 24 hours to complete! managed to get the map reinstalled and the jane voice but don't think this is the same voice I had before that read road names?
Any ideas how I get this voice back?

Thank You
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @DiddyCrid

Assume the voice you are referring to is Serena.

If you go to voices in Settings can you ensure you have scrolled all the way ol up and down the list. It’s likely if there to be at or near the top of the list.

If you cannot find it then let us know and we can ask one of the Mods to add it to your account so you can download it to the device.

Doug
  • DiddyCrid
    Apprentice Seeker
    hiya thank you for the reply, nope i have nothing on the device other than Jane. I also can't update the device via my pc, when i click update it flashes up then goes back to the mydrive connect home page?
    Thank You
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @DiddyCrid

@VikramK ir @lampard should pick this up on I think on Monday and add the voice to the account. Look back here then to see what they say.

Doug
  • DiddyCrid
    Apprentice Seeker
    thank you very much.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,797
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @DiddyCrid
    Welcome to the site...
    Workaround for Installing Voices on a Wi-Fi connected device using the Menu structure of MyDrive Connect....

Using MyDrive Connect.…
    Check.... My Content --> My Voices --> 'Add Voices to your device'... Are the Serena and or Malcolm the UK Voices available in the list to install ???
    If 'Yes'... Try reinstalling the Serena or Malcolm UK voice using MyDrive Connect plus My Workaround... As you know all the updates on a GO 6250 Wi_Fi are executed on the Menu structure on the device, the Workaround allows you to use the MyDrive Connect Menu structures on a Wi-Fi Connected Device....
    Tip... If you are installing the TTS Computer voices, they are larger MB sized files... The recorded voices' are smaller KB sized files (The TTS voices can read out Street names, Road signs etc)
    Note... This workaround doesn't work on the latest GO Discover etc....

See Workaround Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure.

Using the above method, 1st I reinstalled the Malcolm Voice...
    Note... I did experience a small glitch when I tested the Malcolm voice, the voice was installed, but when I tested the voice it was silent, no spoken instructions ???
    Then I reinstalled the Serena Voice, using the above method... After installing the voice, I Tapped 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Voices to select the voice, and Serena, Malcolm were now both working normally again :)

Stay Safe ATB YFM
  • DiddyCrid
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hiya sadly there is only 2 uk voices on MyDrive Connect and as you said they are the smaller file size recorded voices?
    I’m just really hoping we are not going to start seeing problems with this device now there is a new generation of truck satnav available as I haven’t had it long /s
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,797
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @DiddyCrid
    Ah, well, it was worth the try.....
    As Doug says... @VikramK or @lampard should pick this up, probably on Tuesday, (Monday is a Bank Holiday) and add the voice to the account. Look back here then to see what they say :)

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi @DiddyCrid

I added 'Serena' and 'Malcolm' voices to your device, please download them when connected to WiFi.

Best lampard