2.7 doesn't recognize my subscription

rocminc99al
rocminc99al Registered Users Posts: 28
Outstanding Explorer
As soon as I upgraded TomTom GO to v2.7, it stopped recognizing my subscription.

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi @rocminc99al

In most cases, force restart of iPhone helps (Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.) Can you try this one, please?

Otherwise, we'll need the Phone model and iOS version installed on it.

Best, lampard
  • rocminc99al
    Outstanding Explorer
    This didn't help.
    iOS 14.7.1
    iPhone SE 2020

It worked just fine with v2.6.

0le8t329rhi2.png

nc4eqz3ioqjb.png
  • lampard
    edited August 2021
    Thanks, @rocminc99al ! This is interesting, did you migrate from the GO Mobile app to GO Navigation or purchased a new subscription for the GO Nav itself? If yes, can you PM me the TomTom account which you used on the old GO Mobile app?

Best, lampard
  • lampard
    Thanks again for the PM! What happens when you click on the 'Log in' button as shown in the screenshot?

Best, lampard
  • rocminc99al
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited August 2021
    It allows me to log in
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,202
    Community Manager
    Can this be a conflict with another Apple ID?
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204530
  • rocminc99al
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited September 2021
    I've talked to Apple. According to them, the issue is on TomTom's end.
    I think the issue is two TomTom subscriptions. I purchased a 12-months subscription on July 12. Due to a comedy of errors it was cancelled on the Apple's end. Then I purchased a 1-month subscription on August 27. Somehow I think TomTom is matching Subscriber ID to the wrong subscription on its end.
  • ceferinogm
    ceferinogm Registered Users Posts: 0
    Apprentice Seeker
    As well as rocminc99al, I have been getting problems with TomTom GO Navigation for iPhone v2.7 and the NDS maps using CarPlay.
    First, from time to time, the app gets blocked and showed a warning saying a subscription is needed to continuing navigating (My subscription is active until May 2022). To get it functional again I need to kill the app in the iPhone.
    Today the above solution stopped to function and moreover when I trayed to launch the app in the iPhone as soon as the starting screen appears the app closes immediately and when I started it again then the starting screen shows the warning loading app for more than 10 minutes until I decided to kill it. I needed to restart the iPhone to get the app loaded.
    The v2.6 of the app works with no problems at all. So, it seems that something is wrong with this new version of the app. Any suggestions?