Live Services for Mistubishi Outlander PHEV — TomTom Community

Live Services for Mistubishi Outlander PHEV

rob_outlanderrob_outlander Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited August 27 in Built in car navigation
Goodday everyone,

Does anyone know if, (and then how) Live Services (live traffic info) is available/possible on the built-in TomTom navigation System of a Mistubishi Outlander PHEV (model dec. 2020)?
I reading contradictory information, and the dealer is not sure himself as well. I have taken the following steps in attemtps to get traffic info. Unfortunatley, without any luck so far:
-On iPhone, turned on Bluetooth and Personal hotspot
-Car system and iPhone can 'see' each other via bluetooth succesfully
-On Car navigation: Turned on 'Location info for services' AND 'TomTom Services'
=> Network Status mentions 'Connected' (although I'm unsure what it is connected to,
because it also has this status when I do not have my iPhone with me in the car...)

Do I need to install any additional app on the iPhone to be able to retrieve Live Services maybe?

(BTW. I also have TomTom Go on the iPhone, which receives all live traffic info just fine, but I assume this app is completely unrelated to the in-car integrated TomTom system).

If anyone could shed a light, I would be very grateful.
Thanks,
Rob

Best Answer

• rob_outlanderrob_outlander Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Found the answer, posting it here for future reference:
    Yes it is possible to get Liver Services and it requires the installation of an app on the phone, which is named ''Smartphone-link Display Audio Real Time Traffic" or just "Smartphone-link Display Audio". Combined with the Bluetooth and 'location service' settings on the in-car navigation system, it now receives life traffic info.

Answers

• Ronnie_Vincent1955Ronnie_Vincent1955 Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    Rob_Outlander, not totally sure about the built in versions but some, I believe, require a subscription to keep it live? There was a spell where the stand alone versions came with Lifetime Maps, Traffic and Speed Cameras but that has recently changed. Don't know if that helps you any?
    Thanks for the response, Ronnie_Vincent1955.
    However, that indeed does not help me enough to definitely enable live services on the Outlander (or to know whether or not there is indeed a way to make it work).
    Accepted Answer
    Found the answer, posting it here for future reference:
    Yes it is possible to get Liver Services and it requires the installation of an app on the phone, which is named ''Smartphone-link Display Audio Real Time Traffic" or just "Smartphone-link Display Audio". Combined with the Bluetooth and 'location service' settings on the in-car navigation system, it now receives life traffic info.