Speed Cameras - Paid for twice no activation

andyhare
andyhare Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
So I paid for a year's speed cameras on TomTom Rider, downloaded the maps from TT Connect and installed and no cameras are being shown on the device (Rider 450 World) even after activating in Services on the unit

Connected to account via a web browser and got the message that Speed Cameras was deactivated but was offering a monthly subscription, so like a mug I've now gone and paid and got conned into paying another subscription. Still no cameras shown on the device when I went out looking for one

But when I was out, I checked Services again and the "Activate Speed Cameras" option is greyed out, presumably until I connect a smartphone. Is that correct? The cameras are not added to a map on the device itself?

Please to God someone help me - no option to contact TomTom except via some useless bot.

Comments

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb

see with TOMTOM after-sales service
  • andyhare
    Apprentice Traveler
    Oh great, a help page.

Thanks mate that's a great help. Just driven over to another speed cam anyway and worked out that you abso HAVE to have a bluetooth or wireless connection to a phone in order for it to work.

Why did I miss this? Because it didn't have to be done in the pre-subscription speed camera days, the speed cams were just on the map when you downloaded the Cam update. Seems now that a Camera Update is just an update enabling you to snatch Cam locations off your phone. Duh!

Can't find a reference to this in the pages instructing you how to install speed cams either but perhaps it's on one of the 46 pages I didn't read

cheers
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
  • andyhare
    Apprentice Traveler
    thanks mate

Pretty sure I didn't have to do that when Speed cams were free though. Or does my covid-shattered memory play me false?