Go Discover update issues

Elton
Elton AmmanfordRegistered Users Posts: 49
Renowned Trailblazer
I received an email from TOMTOM advising that new maps were available for my device. I only have one device attached to my account a Go Discover 7"; this is the email received:

fr6hf4pk4v0f.jpg

Following the instruction to Download now I get this:

9pti6lokuy0j.jpg

Well, MyDrive Connect is already installed on my PC and my device connected and recognised. I realise that I cannot download maps while connected to my PC so I am rather confused?

The Go Discover while connected to WIFI with no PC involved shows there are no updates available. MyDrive Connect icon on the PC Taskbar also shows 'there are new items available'.

Are there updates or aren't there?
So very confusing :confused:

Best Answers

• gerardputmans-x
    gerardputmans-x Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Answer ✓
    "Het boven staande is ook bij mij van toepassing.Wil kaart update maar is niet geschikt voor mijn systeem ?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Elton
    @gerardputmans-x
    On the latest GO Discover device, the Maps can >> ONLY << be updated over Wi-Fi and the built-in Menu structure on the GO Discover....

Tomtom FAQ Tomtom 'GO Discover' User Guide....
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360019383040-GO-Discover-User-Manual

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Elton
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, that was my understanding. So the email didn’t relate to my unit at all. I shall ignore this and future emails advising of map updates.

Thanks for confirming.

Answers

• YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @Elton
    I guess the email is referring to the other Tomtom device you mention in your previous posts... is the old device still registered to your Account ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Elton
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Thanks for the reply but I find that difficult to accept given my previous TomTom GO520 has been removed from my account, plus it was no longer supported as a model.
  • gerardputmans-x
    gerardputmans-x Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Answer ✓
    "Het boven staande is ook bij mij van toepassing.Wil kaart update maar is niet geschikt voor mijn systeem ?
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Elton
    @gerardputmans-x
    On the latest GO Discover device, the Maps can >> ONLY << be updated over Wi-Fi and the built-in Menu structure on the GO Discover....

Tomtom FAQ Tomtom 'GO Discover' User Guide....
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360019383040-GO-Discover-User-Manual

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Elton
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, that was my understanding. So the email didn’t relate to my unit at all. I shall ignore this and future emails advising of map updates.

Thanks for confirming.