New version [2.7 / 2.7.1] for GO Navigation App (iPhone) — TomTom Community

New version [2.7 / 2.7.1] for GO Navigation App (iPhone)

lampardlampard Posts: 5,603 Moderator
Hello,

An iOS update 2.7 / 2.7.1 was released yesterday evening. Below are the release notes:
  • Migration to latest NDS maps enabling monthly full-scope map updates
  • Route Bar now available on CarPlay
  • Bug fixes and improvements
It's a phased rollout across 7 days and we will keep an eye on the feedback/stability in the coming days.

Comments

• bruceybrucey Posts: 185 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    edited August 27
    As above but well done TomTom on route bar implementation.

Looking forward to finding some traffic tomorrow when I get chance to test.

This discussion was created from comments split from: Traffic not working
  • PalfermanPalferman Posts: 122 [Supreme Navigator]
    edited August 27
    Hi @DougLap
    Downloaded new version of the app and maps, can’t wait to try tomorrow. Are you able to upload a screen shot of the route bar on carplay
    Regards
    Gwyn

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,834
    Superuser
    edited August 27
    Hi @Palferman

Sorry not got a photo available.

The Route Bar is a narrow strip on the Left edge of my CarPlay display and on a short test route whilst sat in my car at home it showed Cameras, Road Works ( the nearest works icon was flashing a 2 minute delay) and Garages. as they were fairly near my start point. At this moment in time whilst you can Tap a garage in the Route bar on your phone and be offered the option to add it to the Route you cannot do that in the CarPlay Route Bar. Hopefully that will come now they have the functioning route bar.

Doug

• nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 94 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    What happened to the promised return of the "Always take fastest route" option that was removed a couple of versions ago? Not to mention "There is a faster route. Would you like to take it?"

These functions are so fundamental to a satnav that I simply cannot understand the thinking behind TomTom's decision to remove them. Perhaps @lampard could explain?
    edited August 27
    Not had chance to test yet but here’s a photo on CarPlay on my Tiguan.

nihs0oucfgzi.jpeg

Again well done TomTom, please keep the iOS improvements coming.
  • Feckweed405Feckweed405 Posts: 84 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    My route bar on CarPlay on my Hyundai 8 inch screen is on the right and not clickable. Is that a quirk or feature?
    nigelbbb wrote: »
    What happened to the promised return of the "Always take fastest route" option that was removed a couple of versions ago? Not to mention "There is a faster route. Would you like to take it?"

These functions are so fundamental to a satnav that I simply cannot understand the thinking behind TomTom's decision to remove them. Perhaps @lampard could explain?

Agreed. This is a safety issue, particularly if you are unfamiliar with the roads. You can’t get over 4 lanes in heavy traffic in the time it gives you! This needs fixed ASAP.

• PalfermanPalferman Posts: 122 [Supreme Navigator]
    My route bar on CarPlay on my Hyundai 8 inch screen is on the right and not clickable. Is that a quirk or feature?

Hi @Feckweed405,
    I’d guess you have a LHD car, the photograph is of a RHD car.
    Palferman wrote: »

Hi @Feckweed405,
    I’d guess you have a LHD car, the photograph is of a RHD car.

Ha! Yeppers. Duh!

• loekfloekf Posts: 58 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Thinking of asking for a refund for basically 2 years. Basically it does not work now for 1.5 years as advertised for me. Still no traffic and camera info with cellular data in release 2.7. TomTom get your act together.
  • gallafentgallafent Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    Agreed. This is a safety issue, particularly if you are unfamiliar with the roads. You can’t get over 4 lanes in heavy traffic in the time it gives you! This needs fixed ASAP.

… and remember, throughout this operation, the voice instructions, and the visual “blue route” instructions, will both be telling you to do something other than what you need to do in order to take the fastest route!! …

… my subscription's lapsed now, I'm checking back in here when there's a new release each time (since without a subscription I can't even see the menus in the iOS app!), to see if the erroneously removed feature's been restored. Looks as if I've still got some time to wait then …
  • gallafentgallafent Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    loekf wrote: »
    Thinking of asking for a refund for basically 2 years. Basically it does not work now for 1.5 years as advertised for me. Still no traffic and camera info with cellular data in release 2.7. TomTom get your act together.

This seems an unusual problem, these features have been working fine for others. Have you worked through the problems with Tomtom support?
    gallafent wrote: »

… and remember, throughout this operation, the voice instructions, and the visual “blue route” instructions, will both be telling you to do something other than what you need to do in order to take the fastest route!! …

… my subscription's lapsed now, I'm checking back in here when there's a new release each time (since without a subscription I can't even see the menus in the iOS app!), to see if the erroneously removed feature's been restored. Looks as if I've still got some time to wait then …

I usually only have warnings on voice so I didn’t think of that! That’s another level of confusing and unsafe! This NEEDS to be changed ASAP as I can see crashes and lawsuits emanating from this!

Please mods make this top priority for an update ASAP!
  • SuperhoopsSuperhoops Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    The new version doesn’t load for me either on iPhone or CarPlay. Just says loading app but nothing happens. Force closed app many times but no good. Apple maps to the rescue yet again
  • Tamas74Tamas74 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi!

The new bar is a good thing. The only reason why I do not use tomtom is that the orientation is allways norrh till you start navigating (then it is on driving direction) starting the car without navigation just seeing the map to get around allways north is not ideal. Ok it is only one press to change it, but all the others are basically in driving direction from the start.
    Superhoops wrote: »
    The new version doesn’t load for me either on iPhone or CarPlay. Just says loading app but nothing happens. Force closed app many times but no good. Apple maps to the rescue yet again

I had that happen a few times. I clicked on another app through CarPlay then back to TT and it said loading but soon after it did load. I’ve also just unplugged my phone from CarPlay and plugged it back in and that has worked. The third thing I’ve done is to click on Apple or Google maps and just use those instead of TT which I pay for. 😞
  • LarryM2619LarryM2619 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited August 30
    gallafent wrote: »
    loekf wrote: »

This seems an unusual problem, these features have been working fine for others. Have you worked through the problems with Tomtom support?
    Far from an unusual problem - there is a whole thread about it and applies to many / some who use the iOS app at least. Been like this for almost a year and they STILL have not fixed it ......
  • LarryM2619LarryM2619 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    brucey wrote: »
    As above but well done TomTom on route bar implementation.

Looking forward to finding some traffic tomorrow when I get chance to test.

How did you go? No change for me .... still not working
    Traffic has always worked for me but I’m on Vodafone in the UK.

Will get a proper test towards the end of the week when I have to venture into Birmingham and will definitely see proper traffic with the kids back at school.
  • RealavdstegeRealavdstege Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    nigelbbb wrote: »

I totqlly agree
    Why making changes only to carplay and not the the general issues like we totally missing which are in the android version many years.
    For me again a disapointment that i use Tomtom on a Iphone and will use agian my old android for tomtom . Why is developing Tomtom not listen to there own developers make a product that is functionality same

Had a chance to use in heavy traffic against my 6200 and traffic was shown on app the same as PND.

The upcoming delay is shown perfectly on CarPlay route bar but once in traffic it does not count down (to end of delay) like on the 6200. Hopefully this can be implemented in future updates.

Would prefer the route to be in yellow like the 6200 so map customisability would be a good future request please.

However the single most important update is the reinstatement of ‘faster route available’ as many others have stated so it’s a choice.

The automatic selection of faster routes during travel isn’t desirable and safe driving requires anticipation and my personal feeling is this is counter intuitive.
  • RicoKRicoK Posts: 161 [Revered Navigator]
    Oh?!?! WOW, TomTom, finally!!! This is great job! This might be, it isn't yet (!!), a reason to go back to TT Go with CarPlay.

I mentioned it isn't yet a reason to go back to TT. When TT announces the heating issue of my iPhone (and others) has been solved I will come back.

For now I am still a happy Apple Maps and/or Waze user.
    RicoK wrote: »
    Oh?!?! WOW, TomTom, finally!!! This is great job! This might be, it isn't yet (!!), a reason to go back to TT Go with CarPlay.

I mentioned it isn't yet a reason to go back to TT. When TT announces the heating issue of my iPhone (and others) has been solved I will come back.

For now I am still a happy Apple Maps and/or Waze user.
    The route bar is super nice In CarPlay but not yet clickable and in my area the POIs are at least a year out of date which makes the fuel station icons almost moot. The heating is still there if I use my iPhone SE 2020 screen for navigation, is mild if I use CarPlay. So it still needs fixed as with map upload upload issues for some, steer to reroute and please bring back the microphone search.
    brucey wrote: »
    The upcoming delay is shown perfectly on CarPlay route bar but once in traffic it does not count down (to end of delay) like on the 6200. Hopefully this can be implemented in future updates. .

Ok so the traffic delay (when in traffic) does appear sometimes but the countdown is to the right of the route bar in a separate section. Would be good to know if this should always appear or only under certain circumstances I.e a certain minimum delay.

Can also confirm occasional issues with app not opening automatically through CarPlay which can usually be resolved be removing and reinserting lightning cable on phone.
  • nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 94 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    I have a Renault Kadja as a hire car at the moment. It has its own satnav built in & I didn't realise that it had CarPlay until I plugged in my iPhone to charge it when the option appeared on the touchscreen. I had used CarPlay on a previous hire car a few months ago & it's good to see the improvements so that CarPlay is more like the full TomTom experience on the iPhone.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category1

danielelpaisano
danielelpaisano