Map flips - why? tomtom rider 500

Flook
Flook Registered Users Posts: 25
Legendary Explorer
edited August 2021 in RIDER
Hi all,

My rider500 is doing queer things (honest don’t laugh =) , it is very sensitive my rider500 :o ). Whether I put in a route or just use it as an aid, from time to time the map flips upside-down. I have it in the Panoramic view (width way’s), and this lasts just a few seconds then re-sets itself. It can do this quite a few times during a journey. Can the map be locked into a position, if so how???

Also I found today after it stayed flipped for about 15/20seconds and returned the sound to the headset disappeared, I checked the headset was still connected okay, even made sure by turning the headset off, checking to volume was up and turning the headset back on.

Your expert assistance is required :) .

Many thanks
Flook B)

Best Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
    Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Can the map be locked into a position, if so how???

in Display / Lock Orientation
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,797
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Flook
    The Rider 4xx/5xx device is designed to switch from Landscape to Portrait as required....
    I find the more Horizontal (Flat) the device is mounted, the more likely the Map display is to flip.... The Top of My Rider 550 is sloping away from me, only a few degrees from vertical....
    To Stop Auto Screen rotation... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Display --> Orientation lock... Set to ON

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• nabu
    Superuser
    Can the map be locked into a position, if so how???

in Display / Lock Orientation
  • Flook
    Legendary Explorer
    Thanks Nabu, silly question, where is this display I have just looked in the menu and settings nothing says display.

Flook
  • Flook
    Legendary Explorer
    Found it under Appearance. I have now locked it and I will keep my fingers crossed the map display will be stable.

If not, could I claim for a replacement under my year guarantee??
  • nabu
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Settings / Display / Lock orientation
  • nabu
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    It is I believe 14 days to request a return

you must lock the orientation to ride especially on a motorcycle
  • Flook
    Legendary Explorer
    Nabu, is that French?? sorry I cannot translate.

Can anyone advise me if the rider500 continues to flip could I ask for a replacement und the years guarantee.

Many thanks
    Flook
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,354
    Revered Voyager
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,797
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Flook
    The Rider 4xx/5xx device is designed to switch from Landscape to Portrait as required....
    I find the more Horizontal (Flat) the device is mounted, the more likely the Map display is to flip.... The Top of My Rider 550 is sloping away from me, only a few degrees from vertical....
    To Stop Auto Screen rotation... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Display --> Orientation lock... Set to ON

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Flook
    Legendary Explorer
    Thanks one and all for your replies, all very much appreciated. I have learnt a few things as well.

Take care all
    Flook B)