POIs on Rider 550 with current map horribly outdated vs iPhone/Android App

SayYourNameHere
SayYourNameHere Registered Users Posts: 35
Master Explorer
I have been a long time user of the Phone app and I finally came over to the dedicated device after tiring of phone overheating, dodgy USB connections, poor glove support, etc. I was rather surprised to find a huge difference in the POIs on the Rider 550 vs the iPhone/Android app. It seems like the POIs on the 550 are not just weeks or months out of date, they seem to be more like years out of date (which considering they both update over the internet seems like a massive delta).

Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 304
    Supreme Pioneer
    Did you update version 10.75 map?
    Can't compare the app with a device as both use different maps.
  • SayYourNameHere
    Master Explorer
    edited August 2021
    Yes I am on the 10.75 map. Unfortunately I am all too aware of the ridiculous map situation TomTom created when they "updated" the phone application to a "new and improved" version that broke much of the previous functionality. I somehow thought it not unreasonable to expect that POIs that have existed for more than 7 years might have made it into the Rider 550 Map/POI list by now. I guess I can look them up on my Zumo XT and enter them into my Rider 550.
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    I guess I can look them up on my Zumo XT and enter them into my Rider 550.

in the zumo they are in the form of Excel CSV they will have to be converted into OV2
  • SayYourNameHere
    Master Explorer
    It is honestly probably easier to just type them in to the Rider 550 after searching for them on the Garmin Zumo XT given that Garmin actually updates the POIs on the Zumo XT they would be a moving target for import purposes (I unfortunately expected TomTom would actually be capable of doing the same). It is disappointing to hear things are in such a sad state with TomTom that they cannot figure out a way to keep POIs in sync between their app and devices like the Rider 550 (I have seen the raw JSON returned in searches and I do not really see anything that provides a good excuse there).