I have just got a VIA 52. How do I install a POI of campsites?

martinrpalmer
martinrpalmer Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
I have downloaded the POI to MYDrive Connect in the web browser.

I can't see how I then get that to the VIA 52. The instructions on page 36 and 125 of the downloaded manual simply don't work.

I had no problem doing this in my old Start 25 so I am wondering can community POI lists be installed on a VIA 52? If so how?.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Hi @martinrpalmer
    Welcome to the community!
    You will require MyDrive Web to upload the POI's

Also, see the video below-

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • martinrpalmer
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have done that and I can successfully download tracks. However the OV2 file I have downloaded gibes this error message:-

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Request has expired</Message>
    <Expires>2021-08-25T12:14:21Z</Expires>
    <ServerTime>2021-08-25T12:39:27Z</ServerTime>
    <RequestId>2BB5AP2PT48A7QJG</RequestId>
    <HostId>QZDaBMQpFzL/Jm/Cc8LhB728MOnc20UzKymQrLLMYBBwsyXNxF6R7/v72mj3hHr2SMXQX8pTvC0=</HostId>
    </Error>"

I know there is supposed to be a BMP file associated with it but that doesen't seem to copy across.

So I'm back to my original question can a VIA 52 download POI files? If so how as the method in the video doesn't work?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @martinrpalmer

Try loading the file in POI editor on the internet and resaving it as an OV2 file.

Doug
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,115
    Superuser
    @martinrpalmer

You can only load the POIs not the associated BMP file. You have to select one of the five coloured shapes that TomTom offer :(
  • martinrpalmer
    Apprentice Traveler
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @martinrpalmer

Try loading the file in POI editor on the internet and resaving it as an OV2 file.

Doug

Thanks Doug,

I've done that, saved it as a different name, and it's transferred to the VIA 52.

It hasn't appeared in the list of POIs on MyDrive Web, that just has the old ones from my old TomTom which I can't delete!

Thanks again,

Martin