Cannot use maps on this device — TomTom Community

Cannot use maps on this device

KBentley1KBentley1 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
edited August 25 in Built in car navigation
Hi, I’ve recently updated my Carminat on the laptop. Upon plugging the SD card back into my Renault Traffic it seemed to update then I got the error that I could not use the United Kingdom and Ireland maps on this device. Any ideas how to fix this?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,835
    Superuser
    Hi @KBentley1

@VikramK hopefully can activate the map for you. Look back here later to see what he has to say.

Doug.
  • KBentley1KBentley1 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thank you, I’ve had an issue with the original SD Card with the van. My Tom Tom has stopped worked currently, it’s in a loop on the screen. So I plugged the sd card into my laptop last night and opened the Tom Tom app and it comes up with an error telling me the card is write protected.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,694 Moderator
    Hi @KBentley1
    Welcome to the community!
    If the card itself is faulty, then replacing it with a compatible version would be a solution.
    I have activated a map on your account, I would suggest that you format and restore the application/maps. See steps below-
    jfpotujhtpaa.jpg

Note: If the content in the image is not clear, then right-click and open in a new tab/window.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • KBentley1KBentley1 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for the reply, @VikramK I’ll try that tonight. I’m not sure wether it’s faulty or not but I cannot get the Tom Tom app to recognise it without getting the write protected error message. So for now I’ve moved everything from the original sd card to a new sd card and it seems to be working apart from the map error I got in the van today.