New maps v10.75 available for download — TomTom Community

New maps v10.75 available for download

VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,694 Moderator
edited August 24 in News and announcements
6r7hshg7drqo.png

Hello All,

On Tuesday 24th August 2021, we have released maps version 10.75 (Car/Motorcycle/Automotive/Truck/Camper).

The quarterly Map release is for what we internally refer to as "TomTom Classic maps" that are the maps used in PNDs (except for the GO Discover/GO Expert).

Next to the TomTom classic maps, we also have NDS maps (used in the GO Discover, GO Expert and GO Navigation app): those maps are not part of this quarterly map release. Announcement related to the NDS maps updates will be done separately.

Drive safe!

Regards, Vikram :)

Comments

• LepreLepre Posts: 107 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hello,
    2 hours and 12 minutes to download a map having a 1Gb fiber connection ... it's not possible! Also done some tests during the download (926 Mb)
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,059
    Superusers
    edited August 25
    Hi
    Just updated my GO Premium to the Full Europe Map v1075,
    Virgin Media 110 MB/s (Speed checked) Map 8.62 GB Over USB
    Full install and ready to use 28 mins 5 secs (Stop watch)

Can't be bothered with Wi-Fi... I've never seen a Wi-F1 connection speed above 72 Mbps on my Go Premium... I guess that's the Max Download speed of the previous (Wi-Fi) connected devices over 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi
    The latest devices like the GO Discover can connect to a 2.4 or 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi connection

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited August 25
    Hello,
    I downloaded the V.1070 map in 31 minutes, while the V.1075
    no.
  • tonygrtonygr Posts: 77 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Just downloaded updates for 4 maps including Europe. Speed is restricted by the laptop and its location relative to the router but it still took less than an hour.
  • Hartzu68Hartzu68 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I uploaded a new map (1075) to tomtom start 60 on August 28, 2021, and the day after I set off, tomtom will indicate when searching for a destination: "route not possible."
  • tonygrtonygr Posts: 77 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Some indication of where in the world you are having this problem might help
  • JacaMaJacaMa Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    It is surprising. The Europe Map v.10.70 would let me go through the new eastern Kępno bypass (Poland, express road S11), that was open on Aug. 1 this year (probably due to the map share info, or due to the traffic info), and this new map (Europe v.10.75) shows this route as being on construction yet, and - when I was driving over there - it was advising me to turn back or to turn somewhere aside, and the screen showed that I am driving on the route that is not finished (thick dots instead of solid line).
    The On-Line Route Planer shows this bypass correctly, off course.
    Next thing: map or navigation software (on my GO 5200 WiFi) still shows the city speed limit of 60 kph between 11 PM and 5 AM, which is already obsolete (it should be 50 kph all the day and night, since June 1 this year).
    Regards
    edited October 1
    JacaMa wrote: »
    It is surprising. The Europe Map v.10.70 would let me go through the new eastern Kępno bypass (Poland, express road S11), that was open on Aug. 1 this year (probably due to the map share info, or due to the traffic info), and this new map (Europe v.10.75) shows this route as being on construction yet, and - when I was driving over there - it was advising me to turn back or to turn somewhere aside, and the screen showed that I am driving on the route that is not finished (thick dots instead of solid line).
    The On-Line Route Planer shows this bypass correctly, off course.
    Next thing: map or navigation software (on my GO 5200 WiFi) still shows the city speed limit of 60 kph between 11 PM and 5 AM, which is already obsolete (it should be 50 kph all the day and night, since June 1 this year).
    Regards

In my opinion everything is obsolete, lately I have been comparing Apple's maps and I was amazed by how updated they are, Tom Tom NO!
    Superusers
    edited October 1
    Hi
    @Lepre
    When you think of the number of Maps and Map variants to suite all the different models, Tomtom Maintain/Manufacture....
    I guess it's easier for Google or Apple to update one generic Map, pop it onto the Internet and allow access to it... The World Map on the Mydrive Web route planner is more up to date than the PND Device's.... The MDW route planner only has one generic World Map to update and to make the Maps available on the Internet....

Stay Safe ATB YFM
  • twystwys Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi.. After last update of the map to v.10.75 (Europe), I can't use my TomTom Start 20 anymore. Every time I try to find the route I receive the prompt message:

fhw6ve11nzvy.jpg

then after clicking "yes" or "no" , I have this:

pdhjf4756njs.jpg

This is happening regardless the destination I try to use. The factory reset doesn't help at all. Any ideas how to fix it?

Superusers
    edited October 2
    Hi
    @twys
    Welcome to the site...
    From the main menu
    Tap (Settings)
    Right Cursor once for next page
    Tap (Route planning)
    Tap (Carpool lanes)
    Choose your required 'Carpool' settings....
    Tap (Done)
    Follow onscreen prompts to exit

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • twystwys Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @YamFazMan,

This was my first choice to solve this problem, however it doesn't help. I tried all 3 options already (in Carpool Lanes section) and result is always the same. No route possible. Could it be something wrong with the map itself? Previous versions were working without any problem. This issue appeared after last update to v.10.75.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 2,321 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Hello,

Go Discover / Go Expert question that received the new full NDS map update.

Thank you
  • walus79walus79 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    When we can expect 10.75 maps to be pushed through for PRO devices??? like 8275...