I’ am unable to get the vehicle change symbol in settings I think I have put the wrong map in I

Royhenryswimmer987
Royhenryswimmer987 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Can I delete the wrong map I have installed and put another one on my Go Camper

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Royhenryswimmer987

You require one map on your device for it to be able to boot up and run normally. It is a good idea to have a minimum of 2 maps on the device and to do any map updates one at a time. The reason is if you have an issue during an update and lose the map you will still have an active map on the device to enable it to work okay.

So if you have loaded the wrong Europe map for example then if you have another map on the unit then you can delete the wrong map and load the Europe Camper map or any other one once you have the space available to take it.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Royhenryswimmer987

You require one map on your device for it to be able to boot up and run normally. It is a good idea to have a minimum of 2 maps on the device and to do any map updates one at a time. The reason is if you have an issue during an update and lose the map you will still have an active map on the device to enable it to work okay.

So if you have loaded the wrong Europe map for example then if you have another map on the unit then you can delete the wrong map and load the Europe Camper map or any other one once you have the space available to take it.

Doug
  • Royhenryswimmer987
    Apprentice Seeker
    Fixed it I downloaded a UK map DELETED THE EUROPEAN map then downloaded the Camper one it worked got my vehicle change button back
  • Royhenryswimmer987
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for your help
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi @Royhenryswimmer987

Glad to have been of help. Remember to keep the second map lying there, in my case it is Venezuela which is a very very small file, and do all updates one at a time.

You can add a Micro SD Class 10 memory card , 16gb or 32gb max recommended, and add more maps if you want.

Doug
  • froggy8
    froggy8 Registered Users Posts: 46
    Master Explorer
    hi guys

i was wondering if i can ask a question on the OP thread instead of me creating another as it is relevant.

i have only one map on my tomtom when i got the replacement, right now i have the europe map, should i download the uk map too as suggested by @DougLap ? that way i will have 2 maps installed.

many thnaks
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @froggy8

Download a small map and always do each map update one at a time so if you have an issue with one map download you can still run the device normally and reload a lost map. Venezueal or Iraq are very small so you will hardly notice any of the internal memory being taken up. Or download the UK map and only switch to the Europe map if you need it.

Doug
  • froggy8
    Master Explorer
    edited September 2021
    thank you for the reply @DougLap

the europe map is nearly 9 gb, should i uninstall that and download 2 small maps?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @froggy8

No leave the Europe map on it as with the UK map you would still have plenty of room on the internal memory.

Doug
  • froggy8
    Master Explorer
    ok @DougLap

i have 2.4gb free memory left, that will be ok to run my tomtom wont it? it wont slow my tomtom down?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @froggy8

That should be fine.

Doug
  • froggy8
    Master Explorer
    many thanks @DougLap