Traffic information Switzerland - subscription not recognized Go Premium

FransB
FransB Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have recently purchased a TomTom Go Premium. Main reason was the automatic traffic information without using my mobile phone. On my way to my foreign destination it worked as expected. The second day, I lost connection with traffic in Switzerland. The TomTom did not recognize my traffic subscription. The service information says "via ... go to TomTom services on your device", a button that is not available. I did not have the opportunity for a factory reset, the only way to get traffic back again was via my mobile phone. I waited several hours before doing that, hoping that the subscription would come back, which it did not. Being back home in the Netherlands, the problem disappeared, and the system recognizes my subscription without a problem. How to circumvent this? I do not want this to happen.

Best Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,797
    Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @FransB
    Switzerland has recently shut down the 2G Phone service, so the Live Traffic over 2G GPRS SIM won't work/connect in Switzerland....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    There is no longer any 2G in Switzerland, the only way to go through the mobile phone

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,797
    Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @FransB
    Switzerland has recently shut down the 2G Phone service, so the Live Traffic over 2G GPRS SIM won't work/connect in Switzerland....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

• nabu
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    There is no longer any 2G in Switzerland, the only way to go through the mobile phone
  • FransB
    FransB Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    thanks for the fast response. What will happen in other countries? Must I expect my Premium device not to work with traffic via sim in many other countries?
  • nabu
    Superuser
    yes also I believe in Germany and other places to come

the one who will not have a phone ........