I receive an error message when I install my map

Andrew1992
Andrew1992 Registered Users Posts: 7
New Seeker
I have an Start 25 with the Uk and Ireland maps. I bought the map of France but every time I try to install it simply give me an unknown error message. I really need some help as I'm going there in two days and have no other way to navigate.

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Andrew1992

I assume that your Start 25 has 4gb of internal memory and so adding the size of the UK map and the available free space leave very little for the Operating Software. It will be interesting what responses you get in the meantime possibly @VikramK can comment tomorrow. Look back then to see what he says

Doug
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    put France on the internal memory of the gps and the GB card AND IRELAND ON A MINI SD

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,442
    Revered Voyager
    Perhaps there is not enough space on your Start 25 to install the France card?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,442
    Revered Voyager
    What is the error message you are receiving?
  • Andrew1992
    New Seeker
    According to MyDrive I have 3556 MB free and the map is 971 MB so it should fit.
  • Andrew1992
    New Seeker
    Shortly after the download percentage starts it says "Something has gone wrong... Check your computer for more information." the computer just says "Sorry, some items weren't updated"
  • nabu
     Superuser
    open my drive at CONTENT and take a Screenshot
  • Andrew1992
    New Seeker
    ft8hacijffy8.jpg

This is what I see. Not matter what I do I get the same error message
  • nabu
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    you only have the software on your gps

you can put the card it is missing
    mu419ijm40n8.png
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Andrew1992

I assume that your Start 25 has 4gb of internal memory and so adding the size of the UK map and the available free space leave very little for the Operating Software. It will be interesting what responses you get in the meantime possibly @VikramK can comment tomorrow. Look back then to see what he says

Doug
  • Andrew1992
    New Seeker
    Sorry I don't really understand what you mean
  • nabu
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    put France on the internal memory of the gps and the GB card AND IRELAND ON A MINI SD
  • Andrew1992
    New Seeker
    Ok I understand what you are saying now. I'm new to using the MyDrive. It says I have enough free space. Is that just an error with the software? Both the France and UK map together should be less than half the storage? I will try to find a card and see if it solves the problem. Thanks for the help everyone.
  • Andrew1992
    New Seeker
    Using an SD card seems to have solved the problem. I don't know if it's just me but the software seems to say there is free space even if there is not. It would have saved me a lot time if it had been clearer. OH well. Thanks again for help
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Andrew1992

Glad you are sorted. Have a safe trip.

Doug