I have become frustrated by the TomTom continually prompting me to "Lets GO" or "Drive"

CRHolder
CRHolder Registered Users Posts: 22
Master Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
If I have a destination programmed into my satnav. If I select that destination. Why am I asked if I want to go there? More annoying is the satnav won't go to the map until I have confirmed I want to go to the destination I just told it I wanted to go. The device is so slow sometimes, by the time it has started to plot my route Home, I am already driving. To then be presented with a multi-question menu is annoying. If I touch "Let's go" it then brings up another tab "Drive" and it won't go unless I touch it. So I often find I am driving without a map because I am driving and don't want to muck about with the screen. Can this useless feature be turned Off ? I can't find any mention of how to do this in the Handbook. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @CRHolder
    The Map view should automatically switch to the Driving view... When you have a Satellite lock, a Route planned and the vehicle reaches around 10Kph (6Mph)... The Display should automatically change to the driving view and the lower info bar (Speed panel) should display....

Have by any chance turned off Automatic Map Switching i the setting menus ???
    Check... From the main screen
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to the Cogwheel Icon
    Tap Cogwheel Icon
    Tap Appearance
    Edit... The Automatic Map view switching should be set to ON....
    Tap Blue arrowhead Icon ( > ) top right on screen to exit

ATB YFM
  • CRHolder
    Master Explorer
    Hi. Thank you for that. I can not try it now but will have a look at it tomorrow. I got it wrong anyway it shows "Drive" first then "Let's go" I have just come home and this time it predicted where I was going and went to the map. Frustrating. Anyway, thank you and I will investigate tomorrow and let you know.👍
  • CRHolder
    Master Explorer
    Hi. I did check the settings and they are as you said they should be. I went out and selected my destination from my places. The questionnaire appeared with "Drive" at the botom. It stayed there for over 1 mile until I touched "Drive" and then the "Let's go" came up. It sat there until I got fed up and touched it. On coming home I got something I can't remember but it basically said destination cancelled! I then got a New destination received. I have not put a new destination in so where that came from I don't know. I put Home back in but it was cancelled? I am at home with it now and it has told me to update my maps. It is taking so long I am losing the will to live. So it's time to walk away and return tomorrow. Perhaps it will sort itself out with this update. I have a 300 mile round trip on Saturday and will be relying on this thing to work🤞
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    edited August 2021
    Hi
    @CRHolder
    Edit... I've just reread my other post, I think it could be misread ??? The Automatic Map view switching should be set to ON...
    (I've edited the post it was saying check it's, not set to OFF)

Have you got more than one device on your Account and is someone else using the other device or using the MyDrive Web Route Planner or the MyDrive App to plan a route ??? If 'Yes'...
    Example....
    We have two TomTom Go Premium devices. The first one we connected to the MyDrive app via Bluetooth, and we can send destinations to this device from the web UI.
    However, when we add a second device to the account, it now sends the routes to this device as well and doesn't let us choose.
    Is there a way to achieve this?
    End....
    Multiple devices on one Tomtom Account...
    Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    When you need to sync a route file, log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with 8 devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on the devices, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and five NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620, GO 6200, GO Premier & Rider 550 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

Early NAV4 Devices... Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    Later NAV4 (Wi-Fi) Connected Devices... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • CRHolder
    Master Explorer
    Hi. yes, I have premium and premium X in two cars. My X is still updating ?
  • CRHolder
    Master Explorer
    Hi. I tried my other tomtom Premium today. The "Let's go" went soon after moving but before that, I have to touch the "Drive". It is becoming annoying as; if I have already told TomTom I want to go there why ask me if I want to go there?