TT Rider 4xx - wrong present location

benbee
benbee Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
My Rider gives me a totally wrong location.
I am in Zagreb /Croatia but the Rider is telling me and convinced i am at my home adress in Amsterdam.
More then 1000km away.

I did 2 resets already (1 by Rider-software and 1 by pressing on/off button - nothing changed i am still in Amsterdam :(

Any ideas?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,454
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    benbee wrote: »
    I am in Zagreb /Croatia but the Rider is telling me and convinced i am at my home adress in Amsterdam.
    More then 1000km away.

I did 2 resets already (1 by Rider-software and 1 by pressing on/off button - nothing changed i am still in Amsterdam :(

Any ideas?

I think you have to leave your GPS on for several hours and position it in a clear place towards the sky so that the satellites pick up the exact position of your GPS.

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    Randomly go to '' Languages and Units put your language Nederland
    and as the country of Bosnia and Herzegovina at the nearest hazard and say if it works
  • benbee
    Apprentice Seeker
    thank you
    Interesting thought!

I then suddenly moved to Sarajevo!

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,454
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    benbee wrote: »
    More then 1000km away.

Any ideas?

I think you have to leave your GPS on for several hours and position it in a clear place towards the sky so that the satellites pick up the exact position of your GPS.
  • benbee
    Apprentice Seeker
    allthough i did not really believe in your solution i have tried it.
    (i have left the Rider ON for 6 hours and now it gives me the right location!)
    So i think in the end you were right!
    It still makes no sense to me, but:
    THANK YOU!