"Unknown Navcore-Version" when starting MyDrive Connect App

CrazyBiker
CrazyBiker DresdenRegistered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
I do have a TomTom Rider 550. When I try to open TomTom MyDrive Connect App I get an error message saying "Unbekannte Navcore-Version".
I resetted the Rider and tried the procedure with another TomTom-Account account - still the same problem. I deinstalled the MyDrive Connect App on my Notebook, deleted all temp-files and possible files in ...user\AppData\Local and ..\Roaming, re installed the app - still the same problem....
The Rider itself is quite new (1.2. years). I made a map update in January 2021 and everything worked fine. Unfortunately, now I am not able to update the device any more. I should have free livetime updates and should be able to update the device.
Does anyone have a solution? Thx in advance.

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb

ask the after-sales service to send you a navcore because you no longer have any in your tomtom .... at least I think ..... but you have to wait until Monday

although your device does not need my drive connect to work
    without computer it also works
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @CrazyBiker

Let’s see what @VikramK ir @lampard have to say after they have reviewed your units logs on the TT servers.

Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
  • CrazyBiker
    CrazyBiker DresdenRegistered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited October 2021
    Thx so far.
    I still have the problem that no updates (or messages showing available updates) appear on my device if I use WLAN. Compared with the device of one of my friends I have a much older Navcore Version 19.201.0010.411 (0) 2019 and an older map version Europe v1065.10748.
    When I start TomTom mydrive connect on an computer the "Unbekannte Navcore Version" message is shown immediately on the screen when trying to login to my account. So I can't even use my TomTom account.
    Ulf