TomTom GO map does not update?

jacare60
jacare60 Registered Users Posts: 60
Renowned Trailblazer
I have made several changes to the map via Mapshare that were fixed some time ago, they appear on the TomTom MyDrive but do not appear on the TomTomGO map. Why is this happening? The TomTomGO map does not receive the updates?

Comments

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
     Superuser
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb

see with the after-sales service
  • jacare60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Where?

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    jacare60 wrote: »
    I have made several changes to the map via Mapshare that were fixed some time ago, they appear on the TomTom MyDrive but do not appear on the TomTomGO map. Why is this happening? The TomTomGO map does not receive the updates?

In most cases, when a card modification is reported, it is necessary to wait 6 months before it is added to the card.
  • jacare60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited August 2021
    :'( What? I don't understand, if it has already been fixed in TomTom MyDrive, why does it take so long? The google maps takes 15 days and is updated. And I pay to use tomtomGO...
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    If the data shows correctly in MPS, then the real problem is that the data doesn't get on the devices, despite the weekly updates and the NDS maps that should get better updates.
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    Hi @jacare60 , with the new map, that is 41770 which replaced 15464, it should take around 1 month or so to see fixes from MapShare tool in the app.

As far as I know, not every single fix done in MSR tool gets into the map in TT GO Navigation app, there is some additional filtering done to reduce the map size.

Please let me know about the MSR report ID, I will check it and report it to maps team.
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    szachowa wrote: »
    As far as I know, not every single fix done in MSR tool gets into the map in TT GO Navigation app, there is some additional filtering done to reduce the map size.

Isn't the whole point of having fixed issues in MPS to result in the fix in the app too. What's the purpose of having fixed otherwise?

• jacare60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Ok, thanks, I'll wait for the next updates.

a935588b-9204-45a1-9b99-eaf996406f85

abab79b9-4732-4a2e-90a9-7ad8159c2105

2007da23-b2f4-4e73-96c2-8a4bcb2a75b4
  • ucugur
    ucugur Registered Users Posts: 36
    Renowned Trailblazer
    You may see your edits on AmiGO app, I'd recommend you to try it. TTGO updated less frequently. I was using TTGO but because of this less frequent updates, I use AmiGO now.
  • szachowa

I have created GONAV-4059 and I will recheck it after next map full scope update.

Please also note that new map also has quick updates every week and full scope map updates are released every month. With full scope map updates we release geometry changes. Old map, that is 15464 had release cycle of 3 months for geometry changes.
  • jacare60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Ok, thanks.
  • dezmo
    dezmo Registered Users Posts: 94
    Revered Navigator
    Dear @szachowa ,

Could you please tell me if the "GONAV-4059" means something useful for the normal user, like me? Can I get an update myself? Or why do I need to know this identity number?

Can you please tell me what the quick update is meaning? Who and what someone doing "quickly"?
    Is there a detailed list of update what I can check?

What is the geometry update? Is it "slow " ? Or what else is different from the quick one?

What is the benefits of the weekly quick updates if there is no geometry change?

Can someone prove what is the chances of weekly updates? Or these are we just need to believe that you are really doing some useful things every weeks?
  • szachowa
    dezmo wrote: »
    Dear @szachowa ,

Could you please tell me if the "GONAV-4059" means something useful for the normal user, like me? Can I get an update myself? Or why do I need to know this identity number?

GONAV-4059 is internal ticket number in our bug tracking tool that we use. It's just for information purposes, it makes it easier for us to track forum threads if we put here the id. Nothing to worry about for you.
    Can you please tell me what the quick update is meaning? Who and what someone doing "quickly"?
    Is there a detailed list of update what I can check?

I will get back to you about this question.
    What is the geometry update? Is it "slow " ? Or what else is different from the quick one?

What is the benefits of the weekly quick updates if there is no geometry change?

Geometry changes are for instance changing geometry of some roads, adding new roads.
    Can someone prove what is the chances of weekly updates? Or these are we just need to believe that you are really doing some useful things every weeks?

I will get back to you.

• dezmo
    Revered Navigator
    Dear @szachowa

Thanks for the information, however it is not that much.
    I will try to believe you.
    The problem is, that the map update process , sine version 2.0xxx is extremely slow, even a couple of megabytes takes several minutes ( there is an other topic about it), but honestly I did not find any improvement when I got the update.

I really need a proof, otherwise for me hard to believe if this weekly updates worth to spend the bandwidth and extra time.

You told, it is because too many changes.
    But I still would like to see. I guess you will not show, because you don't have it.
    This is a fact until you will provide a fact to prove the opposite.

:-(
  • szachowa
    @dezmo , I understand, but at the moment this is everything that I can do, so we are left in this dead lock situation.
  • dezmo
    Revered Navigator
    edited August 2021
    @szachowa, thanks again. It is not a dead lock situation. I could "open" this lock very easy: Most probably you have been received my last annual subscriptions money...
    Not because of you, but because some of your marketing collogue try to sell me the New Disaster Set of maps. But there are NO benefit I have ever seen. For me is worst ever changes that TT did.
    I have to update every week with an unknown, but definitely worse and worse data.
    I'm sure you won't give more info on what's changed because the map is so bad it's not worth explaining ...
    :'(
    I'm crying back for the good old 1.8xxx days. This new maps qualities are nowhere near to the old ones.

• jacare60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited August 2021
    @szachowa I partly understand @dezmo's questioning, see this:

I sent by MapShare on Jun 16, 2021 a direction change of two streets, to TomTom and Google Maps.

Three or four days later it was already changed in Maps and TomTom MyDrive.

tnzhi5p6ml1t.png
    64ac5c92phbc.png
    8tob2cyzwow6.png

In TomTomGO after 2 and a half months the correction still hasn't appeared.

eqkq5s6ii4t4.jpeg

If someone drives on these streets following TomTomGO, they could cause or suffer an accident.

And what's worse, in the free but limited AmiGO app the fix already appears.

rmv1ri8u1hd3.jpeg

Two and a half months is a long time for such a simple fix, imagine how many others are not fixed, which makes it unfeasible and dangerous to use TomTomGO.

This kind of simple correction should take place in the weekly updates.
  • szachowa
    edited September 2021
    Hi @jacare60 thanks for sharing screens from MSR tool.
    I will add your cases to GONAV-4059 and recheck them after next full scope map update. I'm unable to check them now, I have it on my todo list and I will get back to it as soon as possible.

If we still don't see the updates, I will report it directly to map team, to see what's going on.
  • jacare60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    OK
  • jacare60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Problem solved in the last update. :)

n9ucwc46qjo5.png
  • szachowa

@jacare60
    Hi, I have just checked these reports, and they all seem to be fixed with the newest map.