Which navigation to choose, the 6250 or Expert 7?

FredKleine1969
FredKleine1969 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
I am a coach driver and would like to buy a new navigation at the end of this year. Now I doubt between the 6250
and the Expert 7 with sim. {will be released} Are the same POIs and possibilities on the expert? For example, also Park your bus? Does anyone have any experience or answer to this? Thank you very much, Fred.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @FredKleine1969

I have no involvement with Buses etc but I would comment as follows.

The GO6250 has the facility of an inbuilt mobile sim which enables it to be connected to TT servers for Traffic data etc . This sim works on the 2G system and so at some time this will cease to work when the 2G system is switched Off which has started to happen as in Switzerland and Australia for example. The Go Expert when released has a 4G sim so will depend on the lifetime of the 4G system. In either case should the relevant system be turned Off the units can be connected via Bluetooth to a smart phone and so gain access to the Traffic etc .

The GO Expert and GO Discovery units do not have the facility to add 3rd Party POI files like the GO6250 is able to. You can however save favourite places and routes on the GO Expert unit you are interested in and add those Places to routes.

I do not know the Park your Bus App but if you are currently able to link the App to an existing TT unit in some way I suspect that facility will still be available. Some more information on this may enable us to be more specific.

Doug
  • FredKleine1969
    FredKleine1969 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited August 2021
    https://www.parkyourbus.com/en/ This link is already installed on the 6250. I wonder if this is also with the Expert 7? Many colleagues have experience with the 6250, but not yet with the Expert. It seems that it is more suitable for trucks and not for buses. Is this correct?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @FredKleine1969

According to the GO Experts manual it has the same vehicle options as the 6250 ie it includes Bus.

As I said though you cannot add 3rd party POI files etc to the GO Expert models like you can on the GO6250.

Doug