Traffic not working although activated

PeteGee
PeteGee Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Brand new premium arrived today but despite resetting device twice during set up and waiting several hours traffic still not working. Error message says “we are having trouble accessing Tom Tom services, please try again later” have disabled WiFi and GPRS is connected as is Mydrive (as all my previous places are showing) and I have a strong gps signal…so how long is it normal to wait before traffic becomes active?

Answers

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
    Superuser
    patience patience it always comes back
  • PeteGee
    Apprentice Traveler
    @nabu thanks for the reply It’s been left on for 24hours now and still not connecting- is this normal? If so is this just because it’s establishing its first connection on a brand new device, thereafter it will be instantaneous as not much use if on the day you need to use it you have to wait hours for it to connect…?
  • nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
    Superuser
    edited August 2021
    @nabu thanks for the reply It has been on for 24 hours

In the house try to put it in the window
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    Hi @petergee

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this uo on Monday and can check you units settings on the TT servers and adjust if required. Look back here on Monday to see what they have to ay.

Doug
  • PeteGee
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks @nabu - was first thing I tried, left in front widow all night (I thought as gprs showed as being connected that this would indicate the built in sim was also therefore connected?).

Thanks @DougLap - will await @vikramk and @lampard response on Monday as suggested
  • halo572
    halo572 Registered Users Posts: 20
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    edited August 2021
    Mine has been out for a month of 10 weeks and all you will get here is that it is you and not the unit.

It isn't you, they sell defective units or have network problems that you have no control over.

No help from support and I am seeking a refund through my credit card.

If you can send it back to the retailer do it and be rid of the problem, if you bought it from Tom Tom direct like me you are likely to get zero help at all.

The problem is too common to be a 'fault', there is something we as the customers aren't being told and it is like having a mobile phone that might work.
  • PeteGee
    Apprentice Traveler
    That is a concern…will see what the mods say first…
  • LamKS
    LamKS Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Explorer
    I had similar rebooting problem on my 520. And also the unable to get traffic info or signing in to Tomtom services. How I solved it after a long while was:
    1) Resetting the devices twice
    2) Deleted the mydrive apps from both my samsung and iphone and then reinstalled.
    3) Remove all the bluetooth devices linked to the tomtom from the phones and all the pairings.
    4) Reconnect the tomtom to my phones ONLY with WIFI (hotspot from phone).
    And now it works like how it used to work as before... but if I try to connect with Bluetooth then the rebooting starts again.... so I have disabled bluetooth connection to my 520. I believe the bluetooth connection is causing all the problems as everything works like gem if I use only WIFI.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,802
    Hi @PeteGee

Welcome to the community!
    My team did some changes in the backend for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check again.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • PeteGee
    Apprentice Traveler
    @VikramK - don’t know what you did in the background but it’s worked! Traffic now connected…am very grateful, many thanks….
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    Hi @PeteGee

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • PeteGee
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks @LamKS - haven’t seen need to connect with Bluetooth (as already have hands free kit in the car) but will bear this in mind for future reference- many thanks….
  • VikramK
    Hi @PeteGee
    I’m glad to hear you got it sorted! :D

When you're satisfied that your question has been answered, please mark your topic as solved so that others with a similar question may find the answer easier.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Thanks,
    Vikram
  • PeteGee
    Apprentice Traveler
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @PeteGee
    When you're satisfied that your question has been answered, please mark your topic as solved so that others with a similar question may find the answer easier.
    Vikram

@VikramK happy to - but how?
  • VikramK
    @PeteGee

Under every post, there is an option to mark it as an answer.

ff5wtzci8ej9.png

- Vikram :)