Device email does not match account email

JSulenski
JSulenski Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
If I try to connect to MyDrive on my Go 6200 I am presented with my old email address (now defunct). I cannot amend it to my current email address which is set up for my MyDrive account. I can see my device on my MyDrive account on the web site but I cannot log in from the device. Also, the device really shouldn't have an old email stored on it. How can I fix this?

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @JSulenski

To change the Email address on a TT device to a new one you have to do a Factory Reset which will delete all the Data on it including your My Places, My Routes etc.

If you want to transfer your Routes from the device to it after you have done the reset then Export the Routes to a Micro SD Class 10 card and import them into the new account so that they will be Synced back onto the device after the Reset.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

You are now returned to the Out of the Box situation and you set it all up again including inputing your new My Drive Account.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @JSulenski

To change the Email address on a TT device to a new one you have to do a Factory Reset which will delete all the Data on it including your My Places, My Routes etc.

If you want to transfer your Routes from the device to it after you have done the reset then Export the Routes to a Micro SD Class 10 card and import them into the new account so that they will be Synced back onto the device after the Reset.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

You are now returned to the Out of the Box situation and you set it all up again including inputing your new My Drive Account.

Doug