My Runner 3 has been turned off as per the instructions but will not turn on again

Runner3_Fedup
Runner3_Fedup Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My Runner 3 has been turned off as per the instructions but will not turn on again

Best Answer

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Many thanks again but I did use the link before posting on the forum,
    I am fairly sure that it is not the battery as it was showing 75%% before I charged it up prior to attempting the soft reset. I guess things don't last forever and it seem that without the watch I cannot access my previous activities which is rather a shame,

You can always access MySports directly through a browser:

https://mysports.tomtom.com/

Answers

• tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Are you plugging it into a computer to turn it on? Won't do it otherwise. Also, how long has it been off? The battery could be dead or your charging cord could be bad.
  • Runner3_Fedup
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes, plugging it is as instructed but nothing has happened. Battery fully charged yesterday and so indicated before I turned it off to attempt a soft reset as display refused to change with buttons unresponsive.

Thanks for the help.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    For computer connection issues, is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle. Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection)? A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic, but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):

1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
    2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
    3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
    4) Is the USB port free of any debris or blockages?
    5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
    6) Did you install Sports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
    7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
    8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
    9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
    10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?
  • Runner3_Fedup
    Apprentice Traveler
    First of all many thanks for the time you have taken to help, much appreciated.
    No error messages received and watch face remains stubbornly off.
    I confirm that I have tried your points 1 to 9 with no results. Trying on a different laptop gave the same results. The watch was fully charged from a power socket before I turned it off which I did to attempt a soft reset as the display kept defaulting to “steps” and would not go down to the sync menu for a Bluetooth connection. On connecting to my laptop the unit did sync but then on being turned off has failed to respond.
    The connections all worked prior to turning the watch off which I did as per the instructions in the manual. I did try holding the button down while reconnecting as per the manual but still no connection.
    I have given the unit and lead a really good clean and the button moves freely in all directions.
    I guess it is time to buy a new unit.
    Again many thanks
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Try all the resets listed in the link below and see if any of them help but I have a feeling the watch died at some point. A full battery icon when plugged-in does not mean the battery has any power as it is using the wall power, not the battery, which is bypassed so the battery could be dead.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013898960
  • Runner3_Fedup
    Apprentice Traveler
    I am fairly sure that it is not the battery as it was showing 75%% before I charged it up prior to attempting the soft reset. I guess things don't last forever and it seem that without the watch I cannot access my previous activities which is rather a shame,
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Answer ✓

You can always access MySports directly through a browser:

https://mysports.tomtom.com/
  • Runner3_Fedup
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks, that is really useful, You have been extremely helpful and I am very grateful.