Battery lasting only one day

Johnwelsh74
Johnwelsh74 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My second spark music. Just had this one for a year but battery running out after a day even without GPS or sensors.q

Best Answer

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    My second spark music. Just had this one for a year but battery running out after a day even without GPS or sensors.q

Try a factory reset and if that does not help you can try to let the battery completely drain out and then charge it and see if that helps but it is likely that the battery is depleted. Since TT does not offer a repair service and that product was discontinued years ago (TT Sports went out of business over 3.5 years ago) it may be time for a new watch. You can replace the battery yourself (google for instructions - you will need to source the battery and specialty tools yourself, TT does not support this) but it may not be worth the effort. You may have had it for a year but it would have been manufactured 4 years ago before TT Sports went out of business and the battery will deplete on its own over time. There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days.

Answers

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Answer ✓

Try a factory reset and if that does not help you can try to let the battery completely drain out and then charge it and see if that helps but it is likely that the battery is depleted. Since TT does not offer a repair service and that product was discontinued years ago (TT Sports went out of business over 3.5 years ago) it may be time for a new watch. You can replace the battery yourself (google for instructions - you will need to source the battery and specialty tools yourself, TT does not support this) but it may not be worth the effort. You may have had it for a year but it would have been manufactured 4 years ago before TT Sports went out of business and the battery will deplete on its own over time. There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days.
  • Johnwelsh74
    Johnwelsh74 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you for the responses. Tried without success so I guess it's time for a new watch!